Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery "hotline" is another disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having obtained my 2nd VIN from my service center on my MP3+ order (had a VIN for my first on August 29, but that was canceled on 9/26 and the car was delivered to someone else), I called the so-called delivery "hotspot " to find out when the car might be delivered. I was on hold for almost two hours when someone seemed to come on the line and cut me off. I wasn't about to start all over again.

A "hotspot" it's not, more like yet another sore spot in Tesla's disastrously poor Model 3 delivery logistics. If Tesla is trying to fight a war of attrition with it's customers (that surely seems to be my case) if this stuff continues for another week Tesla will win: I'll just cancel my Model 3 order for good.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I make no apologies for their poor phone service, but I agree with @Toddsquad. Probably makes sense to go to SvC (wouldnt that be Owings Mills?), and work with a live person before you throw in the towel.

I think Tesla is having problems with phone customer service period. Direct, people service at SvC, still excellent at least in my experience. Case in point. Had an early morning appt in DC today. Half-way there the PSI warning light came on. A rear tire was showing 34 PSI. Figured it was probably a nail. Put air in and it was holding. Tried calling Service but could not get through. Even when I used the cut thru option to get to local SvC (Rockville), it went to VM and said mailbox was full. Finished my appointment in DC and dove to SvC. They recognized me, and fit me in. It was a nail and they patched the tire. Excellent Service in person. Phone system/support - not so much.

I agree, the delivery hotline is questionable. I love that there's hardly any wait before getting someone to answer, but whether you get someone competent or not is a crapshoot. A good guy on the hotline told me what my VIN is, and my delivery center confirmed it. A bad person on the hotline told me yesterday that my car "is in Virginia, no wait, New Jersey, hmm.. not sure where it is, there's a logistics error. We should find it in 7 - 10 days." Called my local delivery center again today and they said it's scheduled to arrive by Monday. I tend to trust my local delivery center over the yahoos in Nevada answering the delivery hotline.

You call this number?
888-771-2505

Never had a wait when I called. Straight to an advisor. Maybe I got lucky.

But my best advice would be to go directly to the delivery center to speak with someone about your car.

That's the number I called. As my original post noted I already got my VIN from my service center. I was just trying to find out when the car will be delivered, as with all my business travel I have to plan for that. My service center knew nothing about delivery other than to note that when they get they car they'll let me know. That wasn't any help for my planning.

If I don't get info about delivery by the end of next week, I'm going to cancel my order. I'm in a situation now that come November 1 I have to start making loan payments. IMHO it's financial idiocy to make payments on a car I don't have. My plan was to pay off the entire loan on January 1 2019, but Tesla has made all of my plans a very bad joke.

What does the delivery mess tell as about Tesla's ability to service all the Model 3s they're putting on the road? It doesn't inspire much confidence. The delivery disaster is likely to become a service disaster.

Frankly, I've lost all the considerable trust I had in Tesla. Expect for the fact that the cars are terrific from most viewpoints, as far as delivery, service, and all other aspects of customer care, they're rapidly becoming just like all of the other car companies -- a nightmare.

I have 5 year old Model S that's running great and looks like it's a few weeks old. I do have choices.