Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery - How many miles on the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I had a quick question - just received my Tesla agreement with a targeted delivery date. On the expected mileage box - it says 100 km (I am in Canada).

Why does my car have 100km on it already? Or do they estimate the worst case scenario? Don't want to get someone's else's car they don't want.

What are others seeing - both on the delivery contract vs. when the receive the car?

Thanks,
E4

Hello all,

I had a quick question - just received my Tesla agreement with a targeted delivery date. On the expected mileage box - it says 100 km (I am in Canada).

Why does my car have 100km on it already? Or do they estimate the worst case scenario? Don't want to get someone's else's car they don't want.

What are others seeing - both on the delivery contract vs. when the receive the car?

Thanks,
E4

On my paper work that I received with the car stated that the ODO read 90 miles. My car actually had 26 miles on it. I was told by my DS that this is standard boiler plate and on everyone's delivery paperwork (specifically the odometer disclosure statement). While I wasn't super comfortable signing something that was inaccurate my desire to just get the paperwork done so that I could drive my new joy won out.

From what I understand the earlier cars had more miles prior to delivery due to more extensive QC testing. I have number 3225 and they had dialed back the requirement for as many miles being put on the car by the time my car was completed.

I had 133 miles on the odo when I took delivery...in September of 2012. :biggrin:

That was back in the days when deliveries were measured in single digits per week and Elon inspected every car before it left the factory...

i always take a picture of the dash the second i get into any new car, mine came with 33km which is approx 20mi
20130720_111500.jpg

My paperwork showed 50 miles, the car arrived with just over 60 miles. The local service center applied a few bulletins and road tested the car prior to delivery, which explains the mileage over 50. I believe some miles are put on the cars at the factory as part of the QC process.