TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery in america/europe?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by szh, Feb 25, 2012.

1. szh

szh Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering how the deliverys are going to work out?

Is it going to be:

Signature America
    Signature Europe (+ rest)
    Normal Reservations America
    Normal Reservartions Europe (+ rest)

Or is it going to be

Signature America
    Normal Reservations America
    Signature Europe (+ rest)
    Normal Reservartions Europe (+ rest)

?

Thinking of chaning my reservation to a signature model, thats why I'm asking ;)

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Likely the latter. I believe so done quoted European deliveries as early 2013

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Agreed; they will start shipments of the EU Signatures as soon as the European version is homologated, but they're not going to hold up deliveries of US vehicles in the meanwhile. As soon as the European models are ready to go, I'm sure that producing them will be the top priority, but by then Tesla will have probably delivered about 4,000 US general production Model Ss.

4. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I also thought they would do nr 2, but I'm curious what happens to the US models then? Supposedly us Europeans can choose battery pack freely so they should be into 40kW as well then. Would they pause all US cars while they make the EU Sig and then resume US production before they do a new pause and do a big batch of EU P models? Or will they simply run them concurrently on the same line?

Cobos

5. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

The line is specifically designed to be able to produce Model S and Model X without shutting down in between, last I checked! The wonders of programmable machines. So they could run them concurrently on the same line. I think in practice they would do batches of European models, just because the process of feeding the parts into the line is done by humans and not foolproof, so switching back and forth car by car might go horribly wrong. But there might be essentially no shutdown between batches -- "car # 8081 is American, car #8082 is European, we'll be doing European for the next few weeks".

6. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

My sales rep mentioned EU signature delivers late in 2012 (really late, should be December) and EU general production delivers in February 2013. Robert is correct that homologation is the point to overcome before starting any EU deliveries. Tesla for sure will not stop US general production deliveries if some homologation problems arise.
    Sorry, EU Sig will only assure you're one of the first Model S drivers on the continent but not in the world.

7. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

i agree with that. JB Straubel told be not earlier than October/November 2012. But if the homologation gets delayed, then it will be later. If Tesla really changed their mind about 3-phase charging, this may cause further delays.

8. linaser

linaser Member

At the annual shareholder meeting, Elon told to the attendees, that deliveries in Europe should start within 6 months. So there is some hope for the December target, that VolkerP mentioned earlier.

9. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Hopefully they will not only deliver Sigs. With my P187 I'm getting tired of waiting! :)

10. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Wido, come a week earlier to test drive my P37. Bring your roadster. I recommend snow tires!