TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery in Europe starts, first delivery acknowledged

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Eberhard, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

According to my Tesla DS i will pick up my Model S P85+ in Munic, August 22nd. (hopefully this year)

the wait for more then 2 1/2 years will reach its end

2. HHHH

HHHH Member

Congrats!

3. Benz

Benz Active Member

That's great news.

Your Tesla Model S must be on a ship that is not far from the European seaport Rotterdam anymore, I guess.

4. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

it changed late on Friday from" being produced" to "being prepared for pickup or delivery". Today i called my DS and got the delivery date.

5. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

Isn't your DS supposed to call you? (30 days in advance of delivery). I guess it's a bit new for everyone.

By the way, I believe I read somewhere that ten or so Norwegians Sigs were confirmed for simultaneous delivery around the 8th of August. I can't find that info anymore though.

6. psirnes

psirnes Member

There is an "event" at the Tesla Store in Oslo on Aug 7th and several (we think about 10) Norwegians have appointment for Model S delivery that day, which is the same day as TM publishes Q2 financial results - and thus can pronounce European delivery as started. The order seems to be a bit random not necessarily in Sig# order (possibly influenced by VIP positions and special relationships??). According to TM Norway there are only few Model S on the first shipment and the 2nd shipment arrives a few weeks later. We do not know if this a direct shipment from US or a transfer from an intermediate toll-free harbor ( Rotterdam, close to Tilburg), but we keep a close watch on the probable harbor ( Drammen) I have myself EU Sig#52 and have delivery scheduled for Aug 28th

7. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

10 on Aug 7th, an event.

Many have gotten delivery dates in late August, both Sigs and P's. All thos according to local forums.

8. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

WHO and where did you call? how do you find out whom is your DS? is there a general DS number one can call? I've had some e-mail contact with a person whom says that my DS will call but no name no number for me......... so how do you find out??

anyway congratulations on the great news!

9. gelden

gelden Active Member

#9 gelden, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Video of the first deliveries from EU distribution centre in Tilburg, the Netherlands

2 Dutch cars, 2 Belgium and a German one. German and Belgium owners also came to Tilburg but they cannot take the cars home. They will delivered to them from the local delivery centres (Tomorrow).

10. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

Nice.

Now let's get mine over here.

11. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Interested in hearing what the new EU owners have to say about the car. Is the grin alive and well across the water? :biggrin:

12. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I guess they are a bit busy with actually driving the cars. They have waited long enough :)

I drove Model S again at Tilburg, made my last 5 weeks even harder I think.

13. Bipo

Bipo Member

The tailights switch to orange while braking?? WTF???

14. ChrisgG

ChrisgG Member

Yes there is not much on the boards from the lucky europeans. The few things I've messages I've red of them were very positive as expected. Also at least the german articles of late were very positive.

Only negative things were that some didn't get the standard charging adapter so you charge at home in 8 houres. Only the an adapter for the ordenary household plug wich takes over 24 houres to charge fully. So it does surprise me that not more are complaining about it as the charging tools delivered by tesla are underhelming and now you can hardly charge at home...

also another guy did report that his car was delivered without the european options wich also sucked big time. Fortunately it seemed to be the only case.

15. Right_Said_Fred

For those who are interested, Dutch forum member Gelden has put 124 pictures online of the first Dutch and Belgian deliveries yesterday and a tour of the subassembly factory in Tilburg: Tesla first EU delivery, opening

16. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

European regs are slightly different than U.S. ones where it comes to signal and brake lights. I think in some E.U. countries, for example, turn signals have to be amber rather than red.

Can anyone comment on the differences between U.S. and Euro exterior lights?

17. HHHH

HHHH Member

Great photos!

18. gelden

gelden Active Member

Thanks! Was a nice event.

19. clmason

clmason Member

Photo 62 to of dry erase board with writing "most important VIN ever -> 17,345?" Anyone know that that is about?

Also random note, pics of Model S with EU Plates- looks sharp, much better than US plates IMO.

20. Right_Said_Fred

Practical joke of one of the visitors (we all know his VIN). Dutch humor :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

It is remarkable though that the amber turn signals both light up when braking. That is not supposed to happen. Maybe our eyes are being fooled (as they are with the flickering lights).