Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in Europe starts, first delivery acknowledged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it changed late on Friday from" being produced" to "being prepared for pickup or delivery". Today i called my DS and got the delivery date.

Isn't your DS supposed to call you? (30 days in advance of delivery). I guess it's a bit new for everyone.

By the way, I believe I read somewhere that ten or so Norwegians Sigs were confirmed for simultaneous delivery around the 8th of August. I can't find that info anymore though.

There is an "event" at the Tesla Store in Oslo on Aug 7th and several (we think about 10) Norwegians have appointment for Model S delivery that day, which is the same day as TM publishes Q2 financial results - and thus can pronounce European delivery as started. The order seems to be a bit random not necessarily in Sig# order (possibly influenced by VIP positions and special relationships??). According to TM Norway there are only few Model S on the first shipment and the 2nd shipment arrives a few weeks later. We do not know if this a direct shipment from US or a transfer from an intermediate toll-free harbor ( Rotterdam, close to Tilburg), but we keep a close watch on the probable harbor ( Drammen) I have myself EU Sig#52 and have delivery scheduled for Aug 28th

Isn't your DS supposed to call you? (30 days in advance of delivery). I guess it's a bit new for everyone.

By the way, I believe I read somewhere that ten or so Norwegians Sigs were confirmed for simultaneous delivery around the 8th of August. I can't find that info anymore though.

10 on Aug 7th, an event.

Many have gotten delivery dates in late August, both Sigs and P's. All thos according to local forums.

Video of the first deliveries from EU distribution centre in Tilburg, the Netherlands
2 Dutch cars, 2 Belgium and a German one. German and Belgium owners also came to Tilburg but they cannot take the cars home. They will delivered to them from the local delivery centres (Tomorrow).

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in hearing what the new EU owners have to say about the car. Is the grin alive and well across the water? :biggrin:

Yes there is not much on the boards from the lucky europeans. The few things I've messages I've red of them were very positive as expected. Also at least the german articles of late were very positive.

Only negative things were that some didn't get the standard charging adapter so you charge at home in 8 houres. Only the an adapter for the ordenary household plug wich takes over 24 houres to charge fully. So it does surprise me that not more are complaining about it as the charging tools delivered by tesla are underhelming and now you can hardly charge at home...

also another guy did report that his car was delivered without the european options wich also sucked big time. Fortunately it seemed to be the only case.

Photo 62 to of dry erase board with writing "most important VIN ever -> 17,345?" Anyone know that that is about?

Practical joke of one of the visitors (we all know his VIN). Dutch humor :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

European regs are slightly different than U.S. ones where it comes to signal and brake lights. I think in some E.U. countries, for example, turn signals have to be amber rather than red.

Can anyone comment on the differences between U.S. and Euro exterior lights?

It is remarkable though that the amber turn signals both light up when braking. That is not supposed to happen. Maybe our eyes are being fooled (as they are with the flickering lights).