Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery inspection process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MY ordered and intend to pay with a check. An email from the sales advisor included this note:
"With paying by check you won't have access to the car beforehand". So hand over the $$, spin the wheel
and hope the car doesn't have major issues - particularly now that the 7 day return policy is no more.

If anyone has paid by check (personal or cashiers) recently were you also asked to sign the paperwork
before being able to inspect the car?

No. Inspection and access were no problem. In fact the payment process was never even a topic when scheduling pick up. I just ignored the payment reminder on my account, scheduled my pick up, showed up, inspected, and then SA asked at end whether I was paying online or with check. No biggie, here. Good luck!

That’s probably a standard email fir efficiency. I agree, inspect then decide. That’s my plan. Given history and end of quarter, I am definitely inspecting closely. In fact, I am bringing a friend who is a car nut to look over things with me so I don’t miss anything.

Sorry I'm not stating this clearly. I would like to know if anyone else has been denied being permitted to inspect the car before handing over payment (which is what I have been told in email is their process), and if so were you also asked to sign the delivery paperwork before inspection (which I definitely will not do).