Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to pick up my MYLR at Mt Kisco, NY today and halfway there I get a call from SA saying that my car is still in Chicago. I was told it will atleast be a couple days but not exactly sure when. They offered a few nights in a hotel which I don't need and $150 expense credit.

These aren't useful to me as I have family in the area I'm staying with. The SA said that that was all they could do and couldn't offer free Supercharging, Tesla store credit etc. But wondering if anyone else has had experience with this issue or luck appealing to a Manager? I'm going to have to take a day off work to pick it up and then drive 6 hours back to Upstate NY.

Reactions: voxel
I went to pick up my MYLR at Mt Kisco, NY today and halfway there I get a call from SA saying that my car is still in Chicago. I was told it will atleast be a couple days but not exactly sure when. They offered a few nights in a hotel which I don't need and $150 expense credit.

These aren't useful to me as I have family in the area I'm staying with. The SA said that that was all they could do and couldn't offer free Supercharging, Tesla store credit etc. But wondering if anyone else has had experience with this issue or luck appealing to a Manager? I'm going to have to take a day off work to pick it up and then drive 6 hours back to Upstate NY.
Just curious what you think a higher manager can do to magic your car from Chicago to New York faster than a car hauler. Especially in the age of Covid and supply chain disruption/truck driver shortages.

Delays happen. Deliveries are sometimes late. Cars sometimes need work when they arrive occasionally before sale. There’s nothing in your or their control about that.

Schedule it for pick up on a day when you are not working, to avoid that headache. Make it as easy on yourself as you can, but until you sign on the dotted line you don’t own anything and aren’t really entitled to anything.

Just curious what you think a higher manager can do to magic your car from Chicago to New York faster than a car hauler. Especially in the age of Covid and supply chain disruption/truck driver shortages.

Delays happen. Deliveries are sometimes late. Cars sometimes need work when they arrive occasionally before sale. There’s nothing in your or their control about that.

Schedule it for pick up on a day when you are not working, to avoid that headache. Make it as easy on yourself as you can, but until you sign on the dotted line you don’t own anything and aren’t really entitled to anything.
I understand that delays happen. When I spoke to my SA about some insurance paperwork issues they could have informed me that my car was still in Chicago. Waiting to tell me until an hour before pickup is unacceptable especially when they know I live 6 hours away.

I understand that delays happen. When I spoke to my SA about some insurance paperwork issues they could have informed me that my car was still in Chicago. Waiting to tell me until an hour before pickup is unacceptable especially when they know I live 6 hours away.
You can’t change it. They offered $150 which is more than they were obligated to offer.

You’re just upset. But nobody actually owes you anything. Do you think you have a right to purchase that car? They don’t have to do anything. You don’t own or direct them. Stop acting so entitled.

They contacted you probably as soon as they recognized an issue when a delivery didn’t show up on time and reached out once they had an explanation for what happened.

• Disagree
Reactions: ScottNY
You can’t change it. They offered $150 which is more than they were obligated to offer.

You’re just upset. But nobody actually owes you anything. Do you think you have a right to purchase that car? They don’t have to do anything. You don’t own or direct them. Stop acting so entitled.

They contacted you probably as soon as they recognized an issue when a delivery didn’t show up on time and reached out once they had an explanation for Based on your post history you're just a miserable contrariam

They contacted you probably as soon as they recognized an issue when a delivery didn’t show up on time and reached out once they had an explanation for what happened.
Based on your post history you're a miserable contrarian. I'm not acting entitled by asking for better communication. The SA admitted they found out the vehicle hadn't arrived yesterday and failed to notify me. Excepting a reasonable level of communication and Customer Service is not entitled. My crappy $24K Ford Fusion was given free oil changes when the dealership messed up.

I love Tesla and will certainly be happy with the vehicle whenever I get it, but unfortunately the brand is also synonymous with poor customer service and quality for vehicles in this price level.

Reactions: dognamedwalter
Based on your post history you're a miserable contrarian. I'm not acting entitled by asking for better communication. The SA admitted they found out the vehicle hadn't arrived yesterday and failed to notify me. Excepting a reasonable level of communication and Customer Service is not entitled. My crappy $24K Ford Fusion was given free oil changes when the dealership messed up.

I love Tesla and will certainly be happy with the vehicle whenever I get it, but unfortunately the brand is also synonymous with poor customer service and quality for vehicles in this price level.
So, when someone inconveniences you, the only acceptable recourse is to give you something for free? No amount of apologizing is going to soothe your wounded self? It has to be monetary, and exceeding the amount of inconvenience more than three times what it would cost you in gas to drive all the way there? Entitled.

Give me a break. My post history? Come back at me when you have more than three posts whining about how you were told your car was delayed.

So, when someone inconveniences you, the only acceptable recourse is to give you something for free? No amount of apologizing is going to soothe your wounded self? It has to be monetary, and exceeding the amount of inconvenience more than three times what it would cost you in gas to drive all the way there? Entitled.

Give me a break. My post history? Come back at me when you have more than three posts whining about how you were told your car was delayed.
What in the world? Just say, they probably offered all they could. Tesla is known to leave something to be desired in terms of customer service. Also everyone waiting for the car for as long as many are waiting and then finding out an hour before you are picking it up you find out that you aren’t getting it, is understandably frustrating. Your rudeness isn’t necessary…at all.

Reactions: voxel
What in the world? Just say, they probably offered all they could. Tesla is known to leave something to be desired in terms of customer service. Also everyone waiting for the car for as long as many are waiting and then finding out an hour before you are picking it up you find out that you aren’t getting it, is understandably frustrating. Your rudeness isn’t necessary…at all.
I don’t want to disappoint the OP by not being a miserable contrarian, now.

I work in the transportation industry, and have an ear to the ground to most of the issues that are impacting the movement of goods around the country, currently. The average person doesn’t have any clue what it takes to make sure they get their shiny new thing on a certain day and that any of a thousand things can set off a chain of events that results in a delay or change of service date.

At the end of the day, this is a car. We are buying a car. It’s not that serious. It’s a car. You aren’t going to starve if you don’t get it on time. You don’t need free charging for a year if you don’t get it on a day that has no 100% guarantee. You also don’t get to expect that people are going to treat you with kid gloves on the internet.

We all have to deal with the same stuff, buying a Tesla. Nobody is special. Tesla never promised us anything. We don’t have any control over when we get our cars.

• Disagree
Reactions: newtnyc
I don’t want to disappoint the OP by not being a miserable contrarian, now.

I work in the transportation industry, and have an ear to the ground to most of the issues that are impacting the movement of goods around the country, currently. The average person doesn’t have any clue what it takes to make sure they get their shiny new thing on a certain day and that any of a thousand things can set off a chain of events that results in a delay or change of service date.

At the end of the day, this is a car. We are buying a car. It’s not that serious. It’s a car. You aren’t going to starve if you don’t get it on time. You don’t need free charging for a year if you don’t get it on a day that has no 100% guarantee. You also don’t get to expect that people are going to treat you with kid gloves on the internet.

We all have to deal with the same stuff, buying a Tesla. Nobody is special. Tesla never promised us anything. We don’t have any control over when we get our cars.
You just said you work in the transportation industry and then said the average person has no clue what is going on, but then in your post expect for him, who one would assume is, at least, an “average person” to have a clue about what is going on. I did not expect nor ask that you take a different position, as I even agree with the premise of what you, so poorly worded, stated. My statement was the rudeness with how you responded, was not necessary. You responded with the all frustration of the entire industry, even with the realization that those not in the transportation industry do not know what’s going on.
It’s just not necessary.

You just said you work in the transportation industry and then said the average person has no clue what is going on, but then in your post expect for him, who one would assume is, at least, an “average person” to have a clue about what is going on. I did not expect nor ask that you take a different position, as I even agree with the premise of what you, so poorly worded, stated. My statement was the rudeness with how you responded, was not necessary. You responded with the all frustration of the entire industry, even with the realization that those not in the transportation industry do not know what’s going on.
It’s just not necessary.
I didn’t expect anything from the OP. I just told them that their desired entitlement isn’t going to be awarded, or even warranted.

I even explained two simple reasons for a delivery day to change and posited a potential reason for late notice from the showroom.

People act like the world exists to serve and please them. It doesn’t. And then they are upset when the world doesn’t serve or please them.

I didn’t expect anything from the OP. I just told them that their desired entitlement isn’t going to be awarded, or even warranted.

I even explained two simple reasons for a delivery day to change and posited a potential reason for late notice from the showroom.

People act like the world exists to serve and please them. It doesn’t. And then they are upset when the world doesn’t serve or please them.

All I did was ask if anyone had any luck with Tesla making a gesture to improve an annoying situation. Why wouldn't I ask for free Supercharging miles or something else if there's a chance it works? I didn't range cancel my order. I treated the SA with respect and understanding as I comprehend its not their fault.

Whether you believe it or not Customer Service is important to a company's success. Desiring better communications that doesn't waste 12 hours of my time when all is said and done isn't a ridiculous ask.

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Ryder 3
After a few days of still not knowing where my vehicle was today I'm able to finally take possession. The Sales Manager Vaughn at Mt Kisco went above and beyond.

In my first conversation with him I expressed understanding that the logistics issue wasn't their fault and he immediately cut me off and said "The logistics issue isn't but failing to notify you until an hour prior to delivery absolutely is my fault." Hearing a Manager completely take ownership was refreshing and at that point I was content. Over the next couple days Vaughn was very proactive in notifying me of the ongoing issues. Lastly, today I received an email with a store credit to the Tesla Shop for $500. Mount Kisco truly did a phenomenal job in rectifying a situation that was primarily out of their hands.

Looking forward to finally joining the Tesla family this afternoon.

Reactions: RyMY