Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting. Just need to vent a bit. Ordered black Tesla S LR 2021 in July for delivery in Oct 2021. Got pushed to December. So far no issues. Got called in mid September to see if I would go for a grey one available right now (client refused delivery). Accepted offer and delivery scheduled for sept 27. One hour before RDV, got told car has an alert and they need to investigate. Some time of connector needs to be replaced and should be take a week or two for part to arrived. Next delivery scheduled for Nov 3rd. The morning of RDV, another call stating that car has same alert. Following this, I refused to take delivery of this particular car and asked for another one. They apparently made some calls in California and my delivery is now back in December. On November 9, received via mail the immatriculation of that car as the owner of it. Tesla doesn't realized all the troubles I had to go thru for those missed deliveries. Insurance canceled twice, bank draft returned twice, missing worked days, had to deal with immatriculation office.... The people at my Tesla office are always nice (cult kind), when you can reach somebody...

My question to all of you, is it worth the hassle to wait again or should I go for an e-tron gt or Porsche Taycan? I don't want to go thru that again.

Just wait for your car to be ready. Most of us have stories regarding deliveries and then changing dates, etc.
It seems that most people here feel it is worth the wait and the terrible customer service.

I love my new S LR more than any other car that I have owned. Happy I waited. Still pissed off at the way they treat customers. If there is another great alternative when it is time for my next car, I will go for that. But currently the alternatives stink. Either no production, massive recalls and no established charging infrastructure like Tesla. It will take awhile for other manufacturers to produce a great alternative. This is a new market for everyone but Tesla.

Reactions: WilliamG
Just wait for your car to be ready. Most of us have stories regarding deliveries and then changing dates, etc.
It seems that most people here feel it is worth the wait and the terrible customer service.

I love my new S LR more than any other car that I have owned. Happy I waited. Still pissed off at the way they treat customers. If there is another great alternative when it is time for my next car, I will go for that. But currently the alternatives stink. Either no production, massive recalls and no established charging infrastructure like Tesla. It will take awhile for other manufacturers to produce a great alternative. This is a new market for everyone but Tesla.
Yep. Never been more obvious that we just put up with this nonsense because there’s nothing better. But that feeling won’t last forever.

Reactions: Ormond
First time posting. Just need to vent a bit. Ordered black Tesla S LR 2021 in July for delivery in Oct 2021. Got pushed to December. So far no issues. Got called in mid September to see if I would go for a grey one available right now (client refused delivery). Accepted offer and delivery scheduled for sept 27. One hour before RDV, got told car has an alert and they need to investigate. Some time of connector needs to be replaced and should be take a week or two for part to arrived. Next delivery scheduled for Nov 3rd. The morning of RDV, another call stating that car has same alert. Following this, I refused to take delivery of this particular car and asked for another one. They apparently made some calls in California and my delivery is now back in December. On November 9, received via mail the immatriculation of that car as the owner of it. Tesla doesn't realized all the troubles I had to go thru for those missed deliveries. Insurance canceled twice, bank draft returned twice, missing worked days, had to deal with immatriculation office.... The people at my Tesla office are always nice (cult kind), when you can reach somebody...

My question to all of you, is it worth the hassle to wait again or should I go for an e-tron gt or Porsche Taycan? I don't want to go thru that again.
It's worth the wait. Even with the initial issues that need to be resolved its absolutely worth it. Best car I have ever owned.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz