Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Location - not local?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have just this second placed my order :)

However, when putting my delivery location in, it is only coming up with Manchester or Heathrow. Does anyone know why this might be? I am just south of Birmingham, so that is by far the closest. Bristol is probably then the next closest.

Bristol is not set up to handle deliveries.

Birmingham is though, so that's odd.
Fair enough about Bristol, but as you say, I know Birmingham is. I think they have just shifted from Digbeth to the Jewellery Quarter. I even put in my works address, which is Birmingham, and it still doesn't give Birmingham as an option.

Do you think they will update it when they realise, or will I be stuck with the location I select now?

Yes, as you’ve surmised, I reckon you’ve fallen foul of the Digbeth move to the new B’ham delivery centre. I live near Derby, and when I ordered I was offered Digbeth or Stockport, even though Leeds is much easier for me to get to. You must remember that everything works to Teslalogic!

I wouldn’t rely on being able to change it. Just chill and have a day trip to Stockport, the people there are very friendly :)

Hi, I have just this second placed my order :)

However, when putting my delivery location in, it is only coming up with Manchester or Heathrow. Does anyone know why this might be? I am just south of Birmingham, so that is by far the closest. Bristol is probably then the next closest.
Birmingham can only handle a very limited number of deliveries a day. If they are already fully booked then this may be why it is not being shown as an option.

Birmingham can only handle a very limited number of deliveries a day. If they are already fully booked then this may be why it is not being shown as an option.

When I collected my car last week they mentioned both that they haven't been handing over Model 3s from that location (I think this is about volume) and that imminently they are opening up a new Birmingham location and turning the old one into a service centre only.