TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Location?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Vecii, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Vecii

Vecii Member

On the profile page, it asks for an address for a delivery location. I put my home address there. I figured that they would look at my home address and recommend the closest delivery center.

Should I have put the address in for the delivery center that i'd like it delivered to instead?

I'm not sure which address I should have used and I don't want to do anything to delay my delivery.

2. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

If you can take delivery at a nearby delivery center I would recommend that. It gives you more time to inspect the car before signing any paperwork or handing over any money. And if there is anything wrong with the car you can discuss it directly with the service center manager.

If you do home delivery and there is something wrong with the car you have nobody to discuss it with. The person who delivers it is likely not in a position to have a meaningful conversation about your options so you will be left with a decision to reject the car or notate any damage and hope that Tesla agrees to fix it after delivery.

Call your local Tesla office and ask to have the car delivered at the delivery center rather than home delivery. It should not be a problem.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr. Michael

Mr. Michael Member

I’m in Wisconsin as you are. I ordered from the Highland Park dealership after a test drive there. When the order appeared, it showed that delivery would be from Eden Prairie to my home, as I’m over 220 miles away. I called because I wanted to pick it up myself, rather than have a private company deliver it. I also asked why Eden Prairie when I ordered at Highland Park. They said Highland Park is 250 miles from my home and Eden Prairie is 246, so they picked the closest. I changed it back to Highland Park over the phone, and went down there yesterday and got my car. They were very good, the car is perfect, and they even had the snow tires I ordered mounted to surprise me, as we have a ton of snow here now. I give them very high marks.

4. Vecii

Vecii Member

That's great to hear that it went smooth! I've been really anxious about this delivery because I'm so far away from the delivery centers and in a state that doesn't allow Tesla sales.

I had already put my home address in for the delivery fields on the profile page. Should I call Tesla and try to change it, or will they ask about it after I get the VIN?

Also, If you don't mind me asking, which model did you get and when did you order? I ordered a Performance Model 3 on 10/31 and haven't heard a peep from anyone yet even though I've seen a lot of people getting VINs in the waiting rooms.

5. Mr. Michael

Mr. Michael Member

I believe that a pickup location was shown after I called about it, but well before the car was identified. I had originally ordered just the LRAWD as I was concerned about snow clearance and the cost of snows on 20” wheels. I live where they don’t plow very well and we do get a lot of snow, so always have used snow tires. I ordered on 11/1, and other than the pickup place, I hadn’t heard anything and never got a VIN. I started seeing that a lot of people were getting the LRAWD with a performance motor delivered recently, so called Highland Park on 11/22 to see if they knew of any availability. The found one that is my color (red), in Indianapolis and reserved it for me while I was on the phone with them. Then they put the VIN in and said it would take a week to get shipped to Chicago. I got a notification the next day that I could schedule pickup. My first choice was last Saturday, but with all the snow, I delayed it to yesterday. So it went very well, after I contacted Tesla to set the pickup and then the store to see if they could expedite.