Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery maybe to quick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a blue rear wheel drive with EAP on Sunday 9/16 at 7pm and was just told today that car was available that was in transit and could pick up Friday.
Vin 077927
I know nothing of vins and approx build date. Is this just dumb luck or is this an older vin that might be someone else’s reject?
Advanced thanks for any insight

Based on other reports , this is nothing unusual for a RWD.. sounds like it is prebuild sometime ago and parked somewhere near your area that they are able to match quickly and ship it for you locally is my guess. Don't think there were lot of rejects for RWD especially the blue color, so you should be good. Congrats and good luck.

I ordered a blue rear wheel drive with EAP on Sunday 9/16 at 7pm and was just told today that car was available that was in transit and could pick up Friday.
Vin 077927
I know nothing of vins and approx build date. Is this just dumb luck or is this an older vin that might be someone else’s reject?
Advanced thanks for any insight
You're in great shape; this is a recent build that is simply an inventory vehicle.
For some reason, Tesla is not yet admitting to the fact that there are hundreds/thousands of inventory 3LRs scattered around the nation.
My bet is yours is warehoused in Birmingham and now making its way to ATL.
That VIN should be an August build. It's not a reject.
Congrats!!

Thanks to all. I am super excited just have to work out the trade in which is sitting at a parking deck at the airport so I can’t get them pics. Good problem to have.
The sc did mention that the car was in Birmingham so u were spot on.

too quick but ends up being too good to be true - got a text - they have cancelled the appointment and postponed it 8 more days - i asked why and they said logistic problems. Should still be happy about getting it so quick but they got me all geared up