Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery mileage

GT_M3

Aug 20, 2019
Berkshire
hi, can I ask what existing mileage is shown on any M3 pickups recently.

I would expct it to be less than 5 miles, really it should be less than a mile, but I'm concerned that if a car says 10, 20 or even 30 miles on it that Tesla staff will just bluff their way through it to expedite collection. I'd like to know what is considered normal, if possible.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

GT_M3

Aug 20, 2019
Berkshire
Anything below 50 is considered normal. Mine had 48.

Wow that's much more than I expected. I've never bought a new car before so assumed they wouldn't have covered much distance as they are shipped about.

Do they record the mileage so that the 100 mile reporting of issues occurs from when you receive it rather than the odometer reading?

booyaka76

Aug 19, 2019
Ayrshire
15 miles on mine. Didn't bother me. White paint, all spot on

Drove 70 miles home and will be driving 150 on wednesday so soon forgot about the 15 miles on it at the start.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Do they record the mileage so that the 100 mile reporting of issues occurs from when you receive it rather than the odometer reading?

In practice, and based on history, I very much doubt Tesla will hold you to anything "reasonable" for the time to report an issue. That said, the sooner the better of course.

Tesla API logging knows where the car is, and all its vital statistics, at all times, so it can be proven if it had 10 or 100 miles on the clock when you got it (should the need arise).

Drmouse

Jul 25, 2019
UK
A lot of places allow more than that.

An ex boss bought an i8. It was delayed by several months. It was finally delivered in early January, and had several hundred miles on the clock. He was furious. The service centre initially told him it was normal and was down to having to fix a fault on it, but he pushed as he was pretty sure some tech or salesman had taken it over Christmas.

I can't remember the outcome of it all, but just count yourself lucky lol

GT_M3

Aug 20, 2019
Berkshire
Interesting feedback, thanks everyone. Pleased I asked now, it seems I was well off with my expectations. Could have made a fool of myself at the handover.

Hopefully mine will have less than 50 miles as that seems the norm, preferably 15-25. I have an early VIN so am worried that the car has been used by Tesla over the last few months, a per Drmouse's comment.

Should know come Friday and will update. :)

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
My euro tin box had 4 miles when new. Those 4 miles saved me about £6k :D and they didn't even bother to take the plastic wraps off when I first viewed it.

Aaronalex

Sep 9, 2019
Enfield, UK
Collected today. Forgot to take mileage reading on collection. Got it home about 27 miles and the app said it had 53 on it. Panicked - as it was a replacement model for my unicorn but had a pretty bad defect on the headliner seal (messy blobs of lack sealant all along edge of fabric and over it), so thought maybe it was a return. But looks like others had mileage in that region, and dont seem to have mentioned significant defects... anyhows only a month to wait for service appointment to rectify.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC