Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Model S Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order on May 6 2021 and suppose to get delivery by July 2021, according to salesmen who placed and order and modified my additional request such an color exterior interior wheels etc. So from the day that I placed an order I did not hear from tells or sales what is going on. time to time I was logging on my account and updates were monthly changing about delivery. watched all the videos and the best part was that: Car suppose to be a B-day gift and didn't get delivered. 9 months later i got the note on my account that delivery will be made in few days. so i did send my insurance and payment in full. on the day of delivery went to pick up my car and there was no any sales person to talk to. one person at the desk asked said "Oh you can pick up your car outside is blinking right now, just sign the paper and drop it outside in the box.
I got the car, very good piece of toy. I maid as valentines gift instead of b-day. what I will never forgive to Tesla dealership or company for not showing the features in details.
from how to enter in the car, everything inside about the car and how to exit and charge and so on. I Will never recommend everyone unless you have someone to show you around the car, then think different car and screw Tesla. I know you are thinking about the video. Video is exactly the same meal would you taste while you watching video, and the food is nowhere. Question to be asked: Which video shows the Light Show that car can do. None. If i would of known that my car can do such an amazing light show It would of been unforgettable surprise instead of just a red bow and balloons. So that was a shame when tesla decides to do cybersale with out humans. Even my spouse is very disappointed. Is the better of the fact she wants to sell it for same price we got it 85K and has only 35 miles.Tesla S model long range 2022 with nintendo Wii steering wheel. Fricken Hey.

Did you ask for help? One mistake you made is, you PAID ahead.

Did you get training on your iPhone when you picked it up? That's how Tesla want's to sell cars.
Part of the fun is discovering how it all works on your own. "What does this Light Show button do? Let's click it and find out".
For many, they DON'T want a rehearsed walk through.

Also we are still in a Pandemic and they are giving you the "No Contact" treatment.
The Video's on your phone before you picked it up can get you out of the parking lot.

Hi - I have an order RN1154 with a 472 recently assigned. Anyway to tell whether this will have the updated tail/headlights? My delivery date was assigned last week for March 3rd.

Who know's but please do share when you pick it up. You could be the first of something or the last of something ;)
If it were mine, I'd ask for a build date.

When I ordered mine, I went to Tesla where my order was and downloaded the manual. Read it twice before delivery. The car is not self explanatory, and it is a good idea to at least read of things it might be able to do. I certainly didn't remember all the details, but I reference the manual often for that. Unfortunately, it appears in the last month or so that Tesla has made it difficult, if not impossible, to download the manual offline like I have. I guess referencing it online all the time is the only way to do it now. This is a step backwards. The manual in the car never seemed to work, and I would only use that for a quick question. It is tough to sit down and read the manual in the car at your leisure.

Did you ask for help? One mistake you made is, you PAID ahead.

Did you get training on your iPhone when you picked it up? That's how Tesla want's to sell cars.
Part of the fun is discovering how it all works on your own. "What does this Light Show button do? Let's click it and find out".
For many, they DON'T want a rehearsed walk through.

Also we are still in a Pandemic and they are giving you the "No Contact" treatment.
The Video's on your phone before you picked it up can get you out of the parking lot.
That id a BS brother Pandemic. when I ordered salesmen did not care about the pandemic and was pike time. and by the time i found and learned what this bottom light show can do was too late week after.

That id a BS brother Pandemic. when I ordered salesmen did not care about the pandemic and was pike time. and by the time i found and learned what this bottom light show can do was too late week after.
Even if sales person did go over the car. They would go over basics. Not Easter eggs. That was on you, not the sales person to know this ahead of time for a birthday presentation.

BTW my X has a more extensive “light show” and I’ve had the car for 2.5 years and I have never bothered to even try it. And I knew it had it before I picked it up.

Best place to learn about your car is this forum. Not the sales person. That’s true of just about anything. You also would have learned to NEVER pay up front. You should consider yourself lucky and not complaining about defects vs complaining you were not taught about an Easter egg, seriously !!

How much a particular sales person cares about pandemic safety vs what a delivery center protocol that’s in place due to the pandemic are two different things.

Even if sales person did go over the car. They would go over basics. Not Easter eggs. That was on you, not the sales person to know this ahead of time for a birthday presentation.

BTW my X has a more extensive “light show” and I’ve had the car for 2.5 years and I have never bothered to even try it. And I knew it had it before I picked it up.

Best place to learn about your car is this forum. Not the sales person. That’s true of just about anything. You also would have learned to NEVER pay up front. You should consider yourself lucky and not complaining about defects vs complaining you were not taught about an Easter egg, seriously !!

How much a particular sales person cares about pandemic safety vs what a delivery center protocol that’s in place due to the pandemic are two different things.
Sales person knew that the car is being presented as surprise. I even had different email that was generated just increase tesla company tries to get in touch with me and I did not want to ruin surprise. Phone number that I give them was from work. So no way for my spouse to find out what is going on in mean time I had one wrecked car for her just to move around. as far as consider light show was jus better way to present the surprise after we walked out of the restaurant to valet parking lot. would of been better.Of course I will never use it again may be to impress a 2 year old down the road. Car is beautiful don't get me wrong and my spouse said "thought means more then surprise or a gift"just feel sorry for others who are going to be next buyers. quite interesting cyber sale experience. At least amazon follows up with you. something like this you would never experience from any dealer regardless the brand of the car you getting.

Sales person knew that the car is being presented as surprise. I even had different email that was generated just increase tesla company tries to get in touch with me and I did not want to ruin surprise. Phone number that I give them was from work. So no way for my spouse to find out what is going on in mean time I had one wrecked car for her just to move around. as far as consider light show was jus better way to present the surprise after we walked out of the restaurant to valet parking lot. would of been better.Of course I will never use it again may be to impress a 2 year old down the road. Car is beautiful don't get me wrong and my spouse said "thought means more then surprise or a gift"just feel sorry for others who are going to be next buyers. quite interesting cyber sale experience. At least amazon follows up with you. something like this you would never experience from any dealer regardless the brand of the car you getting.
Tesla Sales person fails to think of using Easter Egg as part of your surprise. Do you realize how ridiculous that is. Like your the only sale that day. You want to make it special. That’s on YOU. Just because he didn’t come up with a clever way to make it more cute that’s your complaint. Unreal.

Reactions: EBossHoss and AMPd
For you is unreal, for me was real. buying a box of cereal you get a thank you from the store, I expected at least curtesy. I don't give a damn F..... about how much sales do they do daily. I was a customer and expected to be Valued and appreciated for the business. Easter eggs you can keep it for yourself for this coming Easter and I will add to your basket two more. My idea was cute and very professional on my end. TESLA failed on every aspect on customer service, and I am referring to people who work for Tesla not product it self which is great that what counts. I can buy those vehicles like candies my friend. I am sorry that I had shared with you my experience.

For you is unreal, for me was real. buying a box of cereal you get a thank you from the store, I expected at least curtesy. I don't give a damn F..... about how much sales do they do daily. I was a customer and expected to be Valued and appreciated for the business. Easter eggs you can keep it for yourself for this coming Easter and I will add to your basket two more. My idea was cute and very professional on my end. TESLA failed on every aspect on customer service, and I am referring to people who work for Tesla not product it self which is great that what counts. I can buy those vehicles like candies my friend. I am sorry that I had shared with you my experience.
I’ve bought a lot of cereal, huge fan of cereal, eat it more than I should. Never got a thank you.

You wanted to be valued and appreciated for your business? You chose the wrong company for that.

Reactions: Dino T.
It is very true now that Tesla is not a "Thank You for buying Tesla" type of company. They could care less. If a customer doesn't like it, the next customer in line probably won't care. Buying a car from Tesla is like buying a car from the government. Congratulations and thank you are not words they use, even if you could talk to a salesperson before buying the car. I was charged for the Tesla store topping off the battery and for Supercharger Idle Fees before I even bought the car. That was my present.

Reactions: Dino T.