TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Nightmare Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chihuahua31, Jul 26, 2018.

1. chihuahua31

chihuahua31 Member

Update: Tesla rescheduled me for delivery on August 4 (tomorrow). I got a call today saying the car was not done. I'm fed up with this. 2+ weeks to fix a small scratch?

2. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

FWIW, scratch is fixed by bodyshop

3. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

My son owns a Bolt, The carpet was defective. While it was in for service, the new carpet got dirtied during install and they scratched his paint on the outside of his car. It was in to be repainted 4 times before they got it right. Yes, fed up, but par for the course.

4. Darren Donovan

That would be a funny joke if it wasn't a real life situation. Lol.

5. chihuahua31

chihuahua31 Member

They are probably using my car's issues to make other people feel better now.

• Funny x 2
  6. chihuahua31

chihuahua31 Member

Officially over 2 weeks with no estimated time of completion.

7. chihuahua31

chihuahua31 Member

Update! They scratched the belt molding (chrome trim around windows) while doing final buffing and now need to replace the part. And they can't tell me if the part is in stock. Is my experience an outlier or are lots of people having similar delivery troubles?

8. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I don't think Tesla or their contracted shops can handle 5000 cars going into service every single week if what you received was the norm. :)

Sorry for your issues, its madhouse with all the deliveries they are trying to work through.

9. chihuahua31

chihuahua31 Member

They had numerous opportunities to make this right. The biggest opportunity was I asked to let me accept delivery and schedule the repair at my local certified repair center to be paid for by them. They said no. Instead they are fixing it in "their body shop". I trust a 3rd party 5 star rated body shop above Tesla hand's down. And, this way I could have driven the car for the past two weeks while I wait for my appointment. The first scratch should have been a 2 day repair.