Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery nitpicking..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery at Fremont today (I'll make a separate post with pics). Delivery center was closed so it was outside.

Few questions for others:
- did Tesla leave your price sticker on? Got a bunch of residue now have to clean it.
- how clean was your car when you received it? I had a bunch of water spots, lots of fingerprints, etc.
- I can see swirls in my paint (Deep Blue) is this common with a factory paint job or should my car have been detailed more?

First, congrats on your new car. How exciting. Don't let the condition of the car at delivery get your down.

Your experience is pretty common, from what I understand. I think this is why so many people pay for a paint correction, and opticoat or some other paint protection. There were swirls in mine, and a number of clear coat scratches in the finish on my delivery.

First, congrats on your new car. How exciting. Don't let the condition of the car at delivery get your down.

Your experience is pretty common, from what I understand. I think this is why so many people pay for a paint correction, and opticoat or some other paint protection. There were swirls in mine, and a number of clear coat scratches in the finish on my delivery.

This is confusing to me. Ive bought a new Toyota, Hyundai and Mazda and all three lacked swirl marks or scratches in the clear coat. If i notice this on my new car at delivery, will they just tell me to deal with it? Seems hard to swallow that a $70-100k vehicle comes with paint defects, especially ones bad enough that need near immediate repair.

While I want perfect paint as much as the next guy, in my opinion, this is much like the rest of the Tesla: I'm willing to put up with some bugs to be on the (b)leading edge of technology that is striving to move the world to sustainable, non-polluting transport. So, rather than draconian, I say, kudos to California for consistently setting the highest bar for environmental standards and reducing toxic procedures.

It's only a matter of time until we figure out how to make perfect car paint and clear coat that are environmentally friendly.

That being said, if you're not happy with your car, talk to your DS so they have a chance to try and make it better.