Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery - Not completed due to (coolant) leak (Austin build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - today was meant to be pickup day in NJ for my MYLR. I arrived at the SC at the allocated time and was met by the center delivery manager.

She proceeded very apologetically to inform me that unfortunately she couldn't deliver my car today as it had been assembled without an o-ring somewhere and needed a replacement part. While the SA didn't specifically say it was leaking (my guess is a careful choice of words), my wife noticed on the paperwork that it said "front leak". I'm rescheduled to Thursday now as parts should arrive on Wednesday. It wasn't clear if this was a catch by the delivery inspection or if it was a bulletin that had been pushed by Tesla corporate.

It appeared that I was not the only pickup in this situation - the SA said that there were more cars than just mine affected. My car is an Austin build and the VIN is PA044XXX.

The good news is that I did get to inspect the rest of the car and it looks good.... now to get that pesky o-ring fixed.

Anybody else in the same boat?

John

Reactions: GingerJay
Hi there - today was meant to be pickup day in NJ for my MYLR. I arrived at the SC at the allocated time and was met by the center delivery manager.

She proceeded very apologetically to inform me that unfortunately she couldn't deliver my car today as it had been assembled without an o-ring somewhere and needed a replacement part. While the SA didn't specifically say it was leaking (my guess is a careful choice of words), my wife noticed on the paperwork that it said "front leak". I'm rescheduled to Thursday now as parts should arrive on Wednesday. It wasn't clear if this was a catch by the delivery inspection or if it was a bulletin that had been pushed by Tesla corporate.

It appeared that I was not the only pickup in this situation - the SA said that there were more cars than just mine affected. My car is an Austin build and the VIN is PA044XXX.

The good news is that I did get to inspect the rest of the car and it looks good.... now to get that pesky o-ring fixed.

John
Hey there,
I am scheduled to take delivery of a PA044XXX VIN on Saturday.
Care to share the last 3 digits? Curious to se how close they are. Feel free to PM if you prefer.
Thanks!
Jason

You're pretty damn close. I chose that VIN as it was about the latest I could see on the available inventory last Thursday when I was in the SC. I don't know how many are affected but it seemed that there was more than one affected in my conversations. The good news is that it sounds like they know what is needed and now have a push on to get cars fixed and out the door.

Last week, the SC didn't appear to know anything about this (in fact, the sales advisor didn't know there was a problem until I saw him).

John
An assembly worker in Giga Austin was having a bad day/week...that's unfortunate. Were you able to at least get your $7500? Still a W.

The plan is still to take delivery before the year end. Allegedly the parts arrive Wednesday and pickup scheduled for Thursday now. It only becomes an issue if Tesla can't deliver for some reason. Nobody wants to consider that (not even the SC folks).... so we are all working on the basis that we are delivering before the year end.

The actual problem doesn't bother me - it's a leak and sh*t happens. Just unfortunate.

John
I am having the Same issue, i showed up to take delivery monday and was turned away after waiting over an hour after my time in the Columbus Ohio Service center, My vin is PA041xxx and was "Not leaking but had given an alert that morning and showed signs of a leak" Now im rescheduled for Friday morning as they arent getting parts till the 29th

Same here 😞. Tried to pickup my Fremont built MYLR yesterday but ended up leaving 2 hours later without my car. You would think things like this would be completed prior to the pickup appointment. Everything was going well unit the SA discovered that the car didn't have a safety inspection. While doing that, they discovered that the O-ring service campaign also needed to be done. They didn't have the parts so I'll need to go back on Monday hopefully. I did at least get a loaner.