Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of first Model S to Estonia soon and the road there...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…] So we got the car up, removed one of the 21" wheels and ... ran into a hiccup. The wheels I had bought were with proper bolt battern etc, but their bolt holes were narrow enough that the nuts from the 21" didn't fit there :/ So the 21" was reinstalled and I called the wheel provider who organized new nuts that I had to go and pick up (there was some more mess that he'd gotten wrong ones from warehouse so I had to drive over to the warehouse myself, but never mind that). […

I’m not 100% sure I understand this, but are you sure the new narrower nuts can handle the torque of the P85? There some discussion here for example (starting at post #7):

Tesla Model S 19 Wheels 1-Piece Forged

Well the tire shop torqued them to spec of 175 Nm. They're not tiny, they're just a bit slimmer to make it into the hole ;)

A pic from today as well.
922496_10152021070781543_1167273524_o.jpg

Congratulations Mario! :cool:
The wheels are after market? First time that I see them. (Maybe that they are normal 19" Tesla wheels painted in black?)

They are aftermarket wheels indeed ;) That's where the whole nut saga came from ;)

By today I've started to see first impact of the media coverage. At least one person has ordered the Model S who had only been contemplating it before, but thought it too hard a process so while on FB chat I walked him through it and he's placed the order and paid the deposit now. He's also working on the paperwork already for the subsistence application. In addition to him I have two-three other people who called or wrote on FB chat that they too want to buy the car and how should the proceed, what were the steps and what extra stuff needs to be done. I've given to them the instructions and promised to help if they get stuck at any point.

The next surprising part was that insurance companies started to approach me to see if I'd already insured the car and if they could make a better offer. Who am I to argue in getting better offers ;)

And I do love the car. I've not had the opportunity to really enjoy it yet, driven about 80km so far, but what I have used I've enjoyed :D I am contemplating disabling sleep mode though as I don't drive enough per day to worry about vampire drain and it does take a few minutes for the car to wake up and if you then wait a couple more minutes without having asked the car to do something it goes happily back to sleep ;) (The car's like me in mornings).

Sorry to go somewhat OT, but is it true that Estonia has over 200 CHAdeMO DC FCs now?

Yup, that's why I've pre-ordered the CHAdeMO adapter :) Here's the map:

ELMO - Eesti elektromobiilsuse programm| Charging network

- - - Updated - - -

And just now I got an e-mail from one insurance provider who provides special insurance for deductibles (reducing your cost basis further) where they offered me 1 year of full coverage of deductibles for free :) Yay for Iizi insurance: https://www.iizi.ee/

^^^
Wow! Thanks. Not quite 200, but that's amazing! Your country is about 1/10th the size of the state of California and only 3% of California's population and yet you have AMAZING DC FC infrastructure.

In my part of the California, it's pretty poor. :(

Wow, awesome!! I just have to ask, is finnish difficult for Estonians to understand? I do think the language is a bit simular to finnish and as a scandinavian it would be interesting to know :)

Estonian and Finnish come from the same language group so they are very similar. However finns have a tendency to use their own words for everything :D But due to the finnish channels being the only non-soviet information source at the end of the 80's most Estonians can understand Finnish :)

Mario,

Thanks for the ELMO link. Estonia's promotion of EVs is outstanding. I think installing the DC fast charge network is a really smart way to enable EV sales. This may produce better and faster results than Norway's incentives, and for less investment. :smile:

I see the ELMO web lite lists one Model S in service. Must be yours!

ELMO - Eesti elektromobiilsuse programm| Quick facts

GSP

PS. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Alright, I've now driven 800km with the car, am extremely happy with it and today created a Facebook community for Estonian Tesla fans (in the inaugural 24h we've already exceeded 100 members). And today in the morning I got a package from Tesla. In it was a christmas present from Tesla Motors EU :)

IMG_5460.jpg
IMG_5459.jpg

The jacket with red TESLA letters was my wifes size and the fleece was my size :) And I had today forgotten my pullover at home anyway so it was nice to get warm again :D