TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery of new X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Reggie1970, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Reggie1970

Reggie1970 Member

Looking for help/advice. Had a text & then e-mail from Tesla today to advise collection date of next Thursday at 5pm from Heathrow for my new X. Although I can’t wait I really don’t want to be trying to get from Gloucester & then in & around Heathrow at 5pm on a Thursday. Is there any way of contacting Tesla collections by phone as I don’t want to turn this date down by text & then be given a worse date? Does anyone know whether or not Tesla do hand overs on weekends, as this would suit much better & how to get a weekend date? Also what’s the process at the hand over & is there anything in particular to look out for? This is my first Tesla & they, obviously, work quite different to legacy car manufacturers. I do want the car asap as it’s then going to the detailers for ppf & ceramic coating so this will delay my new toy by another week or so!

2. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

They do Deliveries on the WeekEnd (Saturday for sure, not sure about Sunday) in the USA.
    I'd not push it out too far, longer it sits there the longer something might happen to it.
    I prefer mornings before they possibly get backed up.

I'd just reply to the text and give a suggested set of days and times.

Search around for "checklists", I did the "Pay For" one that's around and it was kind of a joke.
    Don't go to crazy, there are some pretty silly stuff, that could fail on any car on some check lists.

For Model X, check operation of Falcon Wing Doors carefully.

• Like x 1
  3. Reggie1970

Reggie1970 Member

Thanks very much. Will check them carefully!