Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on hold until July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
Had an order in since Feb 14 or so waiting on tax credit or September (whatever comes first) but today I saw my order state was no longer asking for registration details. Is this part of the normal process or did my order officially get kicked to Q3???

C6502AB0-33A9-47E1-B6D5-46FD92BC8E07.jpeg

What if you clicked "I'm ready?"
Might be new because when I deferred delivery it wouldn't show that screen.

THe best way is to tell your SA you want it during x day and on that day your RN becomes "released" to the next available VIN

I have a March 2019 reservation ($2,500) and just noticed that my page updated with the same message. My date is April 2nd but i still don't need the car. I might have to reach out to someone since FSD will costs me only 5k.

Yup, you ordered a car too late in Q1 and now it’s not going to be included until the next push. They make different cars in batches. The MY production batch was Q1, Q2 they are focusing on the facelifted S/X. Your car probably won’t enter production until the end of Q2 or beginning of Q3.

Yup, you ordered a car too late in Q1 and now it’s not going to be included until the next push. They make different cars in batches. The MY production batch was Q1, Q2 they are focusing on the facelifted S/X. Your car probably won’t enter production until the end of Q2 or beginning of Q3.
You mean they don't want to show good delivery numbers in Q2 because of Model S/X facelift? Don't think so. First month of Model 3 production will be for overseas. Model Y should be produced like every quarter, maybe even faster because they where bulding extra tent for Y production line.. Model S/X don't share production lines with 3/Y. They just updated delivery time to 5-9 weeks on their website. And Model 3 to 9-13 weeks what confir,s Model 3 now produced for overseas.

Last edited:
OP here.

I confirmed with my SA that they pushed my order out (to the July hole date). I had confirmed that I actually expect to finalize my transaction by August/September, and then my order was updated to "on hold until June 20th". Presumably so the delivery could happen in Q3.

I suspect they wanted to clear the orders out (put them on hold status) that were not looking for a Q1 delivery so they could focus on just those orders to make delivery by quarter end.

Reactions: Anndybo
I have a March 2019 reservation ($2,500) and just noticed that my page updated with the same message. My date is April 2nd but i still don't need the car. I might have to reach out to someone since FSD will costs me only 5k.

My March 2019 order used to say that, but today they have removed the April 2nd date. It just says to click I'm Ready when I want to take delivery.

OP here.

I confirmed with my SA that they pushed my order out (to the July hole date). I had confirmed that I actually expect to finalize my transaction by August/September, and then my order was updated to "on hold until June 20th". Presumably so the delivery could happen in Q3.

I suspect they wanted to clear the orders out (put them on hold status) that were not looking for a Q1 delivery so they could focus on just those orders to make delivery by quarter end.
Same happened to me.

I told my SA to push to late April for delivery. Logged in today and saw the same date as yours. Im most likely going to select I'm Ready in a week or so

You mean they don't want to show good delivery numbers in Q2 because of Model S/X facelift? Don't think so. First month of Model 3 production will be for overseas. Model Y should be produced like every quarter, maybe even faster because they where bulding extra tent for Y production line.. Model S/X don't share production lines with 3/Y. They just updated delivery time to 5-9 weeks on their website. And Model 3 to 9-13 weeks what confir,s Model 3 now produced for overseas.
That’s not what I said. I never implied that “they don’t want to show good delivery numbers in Q2”. I said that they aren’t producing MY’s like they were in Q1! Don’t twist up everything a said. btw the the M3 is produced in multiple spots. Not only over seas.

Same happened to me.

I told my SA to push to late April for delivery. Logged in today and saw the same date as yours. Im most likely going to select I'm Ready in a week or so
Did you select "I'm Ready" yet? I'm curious to know the time between saying you are ready and delivery.

I want the car in August. So do I click "I'm Ready" around June 1st knowing it's going to take 8+ weeks? Or do I wait until the hold date of July 22nd and expect a delivery within a couple weeks?

1620401780323.png

I'm in the exact same boat. I am good with a Aug/Sept delivery, and could even handle a July delivery. I don't want to get pushed into Q4, so I'm thinking I'll release my order around the first week of June. I don't expect that I would "jump the line", but also don't want a VIN/Delivery assigned to me for Q2 delivery. I don't want that agony (of course I would love the car, but I really don't want it until August).