Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on hold - when to hit the button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone advise about juggling an order On Hold please?

I ordered a M3 LR, very standard spec on 26th November, given a March delivery date. In fact, the ideal date for me would be 1st March for trade in and new plate reasons. SR has put my delivery On Hold to March.

So my question is, when do I hit the I'm Ready button? Before 1st March? Or before if I'm put in a queue?

Thanks

I ordered a LR with tow-bar at the beginning of November. The website subsequently states "On hold until 7 Feb '22".

This seems to be standard procedure, instigated by the Tesla sales rep, who says this gives them enough time to allocate a car in time for early March collection. I assume that if they didn't note On Hold a car could be allocated sooner and I imagine they don't like holding cars for more than a week or two. Who wants a car just before the 22 plate change? It would be worth hundreds less at resale time.

In any case, I see there's a list of updates for cars being delivered from February (discussed in the main thread on this site). The list includes rear side window double glazing, a new UI and various minor tweaks.

x7trg1a4v9481.jpg