Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on Monday, but Software Update Failed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
Got a call from Costa Mesa, CA delivery center, they left a VM saying that the car needs software update, that didn't take the latest update and they will try again on Monday morning before delivery and hope for the best, otherwise will have to reschedule.
Has this happened to anyone? Can't it be updated later worst case? Thanks!
Tesla experience has already begun :p

Hey guys,
Got a call from Costa Mesa, CA delivery center, they left a VM saying that the car needs software update, that didn't take the latest update and they will try again on Monday morning before delivery and hope for the best, otherwise will have to reschedule.
Has this happened to anyone? Can't it be updated later worst case? Thanks!
Tesla experience has already begun :p
Uncommon, but if a car can’t take an update it means there’s something wrong. Best to have the service center fix it before delivery and avoid a trip back to the service center.

• Informative
Reactions: jgd108
Uncommon, but if a car can’t take an update it means there’s something wrong. Best to have the service center fix it before delivery and avoid a trip back to the service center.

I had this problem and wish they found it and resolved it before I picked it up. So I am glad they are doing this proactively. But the service center did correct the issue promptly.

Thanks guys! Hopefully it was just spotty LTE and it will be all fine and dandy by Monday morning :)