TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery on Monday, but Software Update Failed?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jgd108, May 5, 2018.

1. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Hey guys,
    Got a call from Costa Mesa, CA delivery center, they left a VM saying that the car needs software update, that didn't take the latest update and they will try again on Monday morning before delivery and hope for the best, otherwise will have to reschedule.
    Has this happened to anyone? Can't it be updated later worst case? Thanks!
    Tesla experience has already begun :p

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Uncommon, but if a car can’t take an update it means there’s something wrong. Best to have the service center fix it before delivery and avoid a trip back to the service center.

• Informative x 1
  3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I had this problem and wish they found it and resolved it before I picked it up. So I am glad they are doing this proactively. But the service center did correct the issue promptly.

• Informative x 1
  4. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Thanks guys! Hopefully it was just spotty LTE and it will be all fine and dandy by Monday morning :)

5. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

What did they have to do to correct it?

• Like x 1
  6. Shygar

Shygar Member

I got that message once, asked service about it and they just said to try it again. I did a few days later and it went without any issues.

• Informative x 1
  7. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I received two stories one was the firmware file was corrupted and someone had to manually go in and delete the file. The second story was when it was inside their “geo-fence”??? The problem corrected itself. Either way I have since received two updates so all appears well.

• Informative x 1
  8. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Update: it appears the tail lights are staying on, and a technician is working on it today. Not clear but it appears to be software related.. Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow..

• Informative x 1