TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Delivery on September 30th

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by VladB, Oct 1, 2017.

1. VladB

VladB Member

Austin TX experience.

So. It happened. I've got my MX. 7 cream seats, cream cabin, premium package, autopilot + charger installation.

1. Placed order on August 27th almost midnight. Delivery date was late September. On August 28th it would be only late October.
    2. Applied for a loan on August 28th via Alliant. Got approved for 0.99% 72 months with 2500 down payment a day later.
    3. Around mid September Solar City folks came in to evaluate what would it cost to install a charger. Got a quote $3250. $1000 charger installation, $500 for charger, $1750 for main electric panel upgrade from 125 to 200 amps. Initially I wanted to install NEMA outlet by myself, so good that I didn't do it, my sub-panel in garage was only 80amps with a possible load up to 60 amps already.
    4. On September 29th at 8am, folks came in. It took around 7 hours for ~5 people to upgrade electric panel and run the new wiring to the garage. They used 3 AWG copper wire. After seeing how much effort and material that was in total... I think that $3250 is more than honest price. Haven't receive an actual bill yet.
    5. On September 30th arrived to SC to get my car. Found couple of issues as of now:
    a) There is a weird crack on a body right bellow falcon doors where welding is done on both sides. I am worried it is a structural damage. I've been told is it probably due to the welding paste that is dried out so... little crack happened. Other cars we checked didn't have that. Might be a production defect. See picture. They painted it over, so dirt doesn't get accumulated in that crack.
    photo_2017-10-01_11-14-51.jpg
    b) Automatic doors (auto present) are not working. Found out that at home. Car detects key fob presence, mirrors get unfolded, lights blink, but door never opens automatically when I approach driver door. (tried different angles).

So. I am a new almost happy owner.

2. VladB

VladB Member

Forgot to mention. I've got $1K referral discount. Even more, Tesla has dropped prices for their X and S models on August 30th... and... I got that $3500 adjustment!

3. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Are you sure you have Automatic Doors set to On in Settings? This was not set to On in my X when I picked it up.

4. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

That’s what I was going to say! OP should make sure all settings are configured the way you want them.

5. VladB

VladB Member

Yes, I am sure. I spent good ~8 hours playing with my car. Many settings were set to off.

6. Ormond

Ormond Member

Are there adjacent obstructions to your door? Perhaps the sensor is detecting an obstacle.

I keep mine set to off, but that's my preference.

7. VladB

VladB Member

I even tried on a flat surface with nothing around the car. Just asphalt.

ps. I understand why you may want to keep it off, and I may turn it off at some point for security reasons, but you know... I want everything to work correctly.

8. VladB

VladB Member

So, I went to Tesla service. It happened to be something wring with antenna that will be fixed as soon as a replacement part is delivered.
    One more item for checklist ;)