Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on September 30th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin TX experience.

So. It happened. I've got my MX. 7 cream seats, cream cabin, premium package, autopilot + charger installation.

1. Placed order on August 27th almost midnight. Delivery date was late September. On August 28th it would be only late October.
2. Applied for a loan on August 28th via Alliant. Got approved for 0.99% 72 months with 2500 down payment a day later.
3. Around mid September Solar City folks came in to evaluate what would it cost to install a charger. Got a quote $3250. $1000 charger installation, $500 for charger, $1750 for main electric panel upgrade from 125 to 200 amps. Initially I wanted to install NEMA outlet by myself, so good that I didn't do it, my sub-panel in garage was only 80amps with a possible load up to 60 amps already.
4. On September 29th at 8am, folks came in. It took around 7 hours for ~5 people to upgrade electric panel and run the new wiring to the garage. They used 3 AWG copper wire. After seeing how much effort and material that was in total... I think that $3250 is more than honest price. Haven't receive an actual bill yet.
5. On September 30th arrived to SC to get my car. Found couple of issues as of now:
a) There is a weird crack on a body right bellow falcon doors where welding is done on both sides. I am worried it is a structural damage. I've been told is it probably due to the welding paste that is dried out so... little crack happened. Other cars we checked didn't have that. Might be a production defect. See picture. They painted it over, so dirt doesn't get accumulated in that crack.
photo_2017-10-01_11-14-51.jpg

b) Automatic doors (auto present) are not working. Found out that at home. Car detects key fob presence, mirrors get unfolded, lights blink, but door never opens automatically when I approach driver door. (tried different angles).

So. I am a new almost happy owner.

Are there adjacent obstructions to your door? Perhaps the sensor is detecting an obstacle.

I keep mine set to off, but that's my preference.
I even tried on a flat surface with nothing around the car. Just asphalt.

ps. I understand why you may want to keep it off, and I may turn it off at some point for security reasons, but you know... I want everything to work correctly.