Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery or Pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to get the Tesla tomorrow between 1-3p. I've noticed on the app it shows delivery between 1-3p and my address underneath (picture attached). I originally was unable to choose home delivery as the app said it wasn't available in my area.

For those who have recently taken delivery by picking up at a service center, did your app say/show the same?

I'd call but I'm not getting answers due to the time and it being a Sunday and my SC is awful.

What do you think? Since there is a time window, will it be delivered?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-094203_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-094203_Tesla.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 211
do you know where the car and how far the pick up center is? My experience was, I had a trade in and the my M3 is in the tesla center about 100 miles away. If i chose to have it deliver, it was atleast 1 week before i can get my car. My other option was to drive 100 miles and pick up the car myself and save $500 on delivery fee.

All i did was confirmed where the car exact location and opted for a pick up.
So i drove my trade in to the facility, they assessed my trade in right there and then. Save $500, and i get to enjoy my car earlier. I'm glad i did pick it up early coz the following week they have lowered the california rebate from $1500 to $750. The drawback is i gained 100 miles of mileage to get my car home. But i get to spend some time with my new car, test the other features.

hope this helps

do you know where the car and how far the pick up center is? My experience was, I had a trade in and the my M3 is in the tesla center about 100 miles away. If i chose to have it deliver, it was atleast 1 week before i can get my car. My other option was to drive 100 miles and pick up the car myself and save $500 on delivery fee.

All i did was confirmed where the car exact location and opted for a pick up.
So i drove my trade in to the facility, they assessed my trade in right there and then. Save $500, and i get to enjoy my car earlier. I'm glad i did pick it up early coz the following week they have lowered the california rebate from $1500 to $750. The drawback is i gained 100 miles of mileage to get my car home. But i get to spend some time with my new car, test the other features.

hope this helps
The pick up center is just down the road about 4 miles.

I spoke to Tesla on the phone and they said my Tesla was one of the lucky ones that didn't have the USB-C's installed and they didn't want to send it out without them in place.

I assume it's still sitting in California waiting for the install. The person I spoke with said the VIN is still the same and the delivery date is looking like 11/28 with an additional day for detailing. As far as if it's being delivered to me or picked up by me, she was unsure as it's unclear on her side but she will find out.

It would have been great to have this information given to me instead of "your car's not here...here is a new date".

Disregard. Just got an email saying delivery is a no go and it's been moved back to December 1st.

Unreal
Geez, that is so annoying! I am sorry that happened. I had something similar happen to me this past June. I am from New Hampshire and the closest place us New Hampshirites can go to pick up our cars (if we don't choose delivery) is New Jersey. So I had a pickup date/time scheduled for Monday morning. I had my business partner give me a ride to the airport on Sunday night and I caught a flight/booked a hotel room for the night. All went flawlessly until I showed up at the service center on Monday morning for my appointment — yikes, my car was nowhere to be found. I asked one of the sales reps and they said they could not locate my car but they expected it to arrive within the next few days. Long story short, I did not get my car until Thursday afternoon and they couldn't give me details on where it was until it arrived at the service center. This was SUPER frustrating because I also had t pay for a hotel and rental car for another three nights.

Geez, that is so annoying! I am sorry that happened. I had something similar happen to me this past June. I am from New Hampshire and the closest place us New Hampshirites can go to pick up our cars (if we don't choose delivery) is New Jersey. So I had a pickup date/time scheduled for Monday morning. I had my business partner give me a ride to the airport on Sunday night and I caught a flight/booked a hotel room for the night. All went flawlessly until I showed up at the service center on Monday morning for my appointment — yikes, my car was nowhere to be found. I asked one of the sales reps and they said they could not locate my car but they expected it to arrive within the next few days. Long story short, I did not get my car until Thursday afternoon and they couldn't give me details on where it was until it arrived at the service center. This was SUPER frustrating because I also had t pay for a hotel and rental car for another three nights.
That's absolutely ridiculous!