Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery posts have slowed? Production delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think last December you had a much higher percentage of near future owners who were members of the forum.
Now, that percentage is much lower, so while more deliveries are happening, fewer of them are to people on the forum.

That is what I'm sensing now too Brandon. I called my DS today and they are heading to production on 11/04 but scheduled delivery 3 weeks later on 11/25?!?!? I sent him an email asking why it was so long and he said he is just being cautious. I should plan on having it by the week of the 18th. So we will see.
I do feel like all of us that ordered after the first week of September are now in a few weeks longer holding pattern then predicted.

Anyone else in our boat?

Consider also that this is a predominantly US-based forum, and an increasing number of the vehicles are going overseas. Indeed many of us who ordered in September and October are behind a flood of EU orders that had just started being taken.

It used to take about 6 weeks to get a car. I think that's up to about two months now if not more. Definitely because so many cars are going to Europe. When we were at the factory, almost every car we saw had the European Front License plate bracket installed (I guess it must be mandatory there).

My date was moved twice. I am a bit more optimistic that what this represents is: increase in EU sales, more emphasis on production quality and factory testing. While its certainly tough to wait longer for the car I think both of those are ultimately good things. I do think its unfortunate that the order page over-promises short delivery times for P vehicles though. That may be setting the wrong expectation.

In september it seemed like there was about 1 deliver post per day going on. It seems they have slowed. Is delivery slowing due to the EU?

I know personally my date has been moved two times now. In the wrong direction I might add!

600+ Tesla Model S were registered in Norway in September, but only 100+ were registered in Norway in October. December deliveries are being postponed to January or February.

Of course, October production European-bound cars may be in transit to Europe. It takes about 50 days from car is finished in Fremont to we receive our cars here in Norway. Probably longer for recipients in the EU, since their cars have to go via the Tilburg facility.

EU deliveries may be focused on other European markets like Netherlands. Apparently there is an EV tax incentive ending in NL by the end of the year. Maybe they are prioritizing NL?

We're also seeing long delays in deliveries of winter wheels and red and blue adapters for the UMC here in Norway.