Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery pushed back due to screen issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I was supposed to take delivery of my MYP tomorrow and just received the text below pushing things back due to a screen issue. Should I be concerned that they are replacing components for the screen? It’s pretty major component for this car, so I’m not too crazy about them ripping it and the dash apart already.

EDIT: They reached out again shortly thereafter and stated that it was actually meant for another customer. The screen is fine, but one of the wheels has some curb rash. They will be replacing the wheel today and we will maintain the same delivery date.

Last edited:
I mean curb rash could technically happen when vehicle is moved from factory to delivery location. In addition, I think you should see this in positive light. At least, your SC is trying to fix problems prior to delivering the vehicle to you. It is better to find the vehicle in perfect shape when you pick up. It is also better for SC to be transaparent about the delay.

Just breath and relax. Everything will be okay.

Good luck with your new car!

I agree with the above, it just really means TESLA is rushing orders out for end of quarter,

Dont think its a sign that you shouldnt get one

Well it's funny you say that. They asked if it would be ok if I took delivery tomorrow (3/31) at 5pm and I told them it might be a bad day for me. To which they responded, "if you can't pick it up tomorrow, then we are giving the car to someone else". That's after THEY rescheduled my appointment three times, lol.

Well it's funny you say that. They asked if it would be ok if I took delivery tomorrow (3/31) at 5pm and I told them it might be a bad day for me. To which they responded, "if you can't pick it up tomorrow, then we are giving the car to someone else". That's after THEY rescheduled my appointment three times, lol.
Thats funny.

Mainly because something very similarly happened to me. Last Sunday was suppose to be my delivery day. On Friday I spoke to them and they told me we should Un Que be from the VIN but at that point I havent decided if I should wait or just go for it.

They told me the same that if you cant pick it up before the end of the month that it will go to someone else and we can que you up again when I'm ready.

I didnt take any offense to it as I know long ago they want to push as much as possible before April but looks like they're reading the same script

I’m just especially nervous now, because of course today is supposed to be rainy and overcast, so a thorough inspection will be much more difficult for me. I feel like I’m being set up, but we will see.
if you are taking delivery from Devon, I suggest you go on a sunny day and watch for any paint patch up jobs they do before delivering. Never seen such a sloppy place before.

if you are taking delivery from Devon, I suggest you go on a sunny day and watch for any paint patch up jobs they do before delivering. Never seen such a sloppy place before.
Well, I was taking delivery from Devon and I ended up rejecting the car. The "brand new" wheel that they were supposed to give me was simply the old wheel with touchup paint on top of the rash. Once I pointed it out they agreed to give me a new wheel (again), but the whole thing was soured at that point. Plus it was downpouring rain, so I couldn't really get a clear view of the vehicle.

Well, I was taking delivery from Devon and I ended up rejecting the car. The "brand new" wheel that they were supposed to give me was simply the old wheel with touchup paint on top of the rash. Once I pointed it out they agreed to give me a new wheel (again), but the whole thing was soured at that point. Plus it was downpouring rain, so I couldn't really get a clear view of the vehicle.
That place is worst than my local Walmart when it comes to customer service. I don't know how Tesla is allowing that store to operate with such bad service.

Reactions: blinkme323
I was set for delivery yesterday, and got a call 30 minutes before delivery that my screen didn't pass "inspection". They then told me they would get back in touch with a new date/time. When I called the next day, they told me that the car was still enroute and should be there on Monday (it was not as I physically saw it with VIN in lot). Was fascinating as sales person insinuated I was lying. When I assured her I was not she then told me curtly to call back on Monday. Is this typical of what I should expect with Tesla?? While I LOVE the car, I know plenty of other manufacturers have quality product in the queue. Would love advice from those of you who have been around the block already. I don't mind a delay, but getting lied to has me concerned for sure. FYI...this is in the Cathedral City, CA, location.

Reactions: z335is
I was set for delivery yesterday, and got a call 30 minutes before delivery that my screen didn't pass "inspection". They then told me they would get back in touch with a new date/time. When I called the next day, they told me that the car was still enroute and should be there on Monday (it was not as I physically saw it with VIN in lot). Was fascinating as sales person insinuated I was lying. When I assured her I was not she then told me curtly to call back on Monday. Is this typical of what I should expect with Tesla?? While I LOVE the car, I know plenty of other manufacturers have quality product in the queue. Would love advice from those of you who have been around the block already. I don't mind a delay, but getting lied to has me concerned for sure. FYI...this is in the Cathedral City, CA, location.
Had a brilliant idea and called service department. They were able to confirm that it was a inoperational screen that had been reordered so now feel better that I at least know what is going on despite not knowing when it will be resolved.

Was scheduled for delivery tomorrow of a MY LR, my SA only told me that it didn't pass inspection and would need a couple weeks to fix, but said he didn't know why and didn't offer to find out. I might have pressed or researched myself, but I asked to un-match me from the VIN and send a new one. With all the chatter about how many issues are usually possible and the car still gets delivered, if they won't even deliver it to fix it, was worried it was more serious.

Reactions: z335is
That place is worst than my local Walmart when it comes to customer service. I don't know how Tesla is allowing that store to operate with such bad service.
Sheesh..reading this gave me severe acidity. Is it possible to change stores without losing your place in the queue? To be honest, my SA has not been that bad. But if I can avoid bad customer service, I would like that!