Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery pushed forward, no method to charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am in a pickle. My estimated delivery date of my Model 3 has pushed forward a month to June 22-June 28 and I do not yet have a method to charge it.

I ordered the Wall Charger last Friday but for some odd reason, since I used Apple Pay, I have no order #, no idea when that charger is actually going to come (sent email to Tesla order inquiries, they said up to 5 days to respond). My electrician is just sitting on his hands waiting to install.

I've also ordered the mobile connector weeks ago but it's backordered.

Just curious - what the heck would you guys do? I don't need to drive a lot so the only thing I can think of is to find the nearest charging station and charge up to my wall connector comes?

Reactions: alangold
Just charge once or twice a week at a nearby Tesla Supercharger. It'll take about an hour for a pretty full charge from a slower Supercharger but you should only have to do it a few times before your home setup is complete. There's also the generic slow charging option so you can maybe shop at stores with ChargePoint stations or whatever for a few weeks and try to top up there.

The Tesla store is frequently in/out of stock of anything/everything and order statuses are very poorly communicated but they do move fairly fast and you should get your wall charger soon. The mobile charger kit with both adapters is not shipping until August however.

Upvote 0
So I am in a pickle. My estimated delivery date of my Model 3 has pushed forward a month to June 22-June 28 and I do not yet have a method to charge it.

I ordered the Wall Charger last Friday but for some odd reason, since I used Apple Pay, I have no order #, no idea when that charger is actually going to come (sent email to Tesla order inquiries, they said up to 5 days to respond). My electrician is just sitting on his hands waiting to install.

Just curious - what the heck would you guys do? I don't need to drive a lot so the only thing I can think of is to find the nearest charging station and charge up to my wall connector comes?
www.plugshare.com will find local chargers, and some will probably even be free.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and KerryOH
Upvote 0

Use plug share to see what’s near you. Giants near me have free charging, Volta is the charger provider. Could help for the interim.

Upvote 0

Same situation as you -- delivery date moved up a full month! So placed an order ASAP for WC--no status yet on when it'll arrive. So Plan A is to locate nearby Superchargers, Plan B is locate other EV Charging Sites, and Plan C is to minimize usage (short trips) and use the UMC for 15A charging.

Upvote 0

I also have m3 on order for sept delivery - yes you should learn how to use supercharger while waiting. - one charge might give you a week of around town driving - use the charge time to review features - soon you’ll be writing your own blog - 😎

• Funny
Reactions: miimura
Upvote 0

I see we just passed your delivery window. What did you end up doing?

Upvote 0

Have electrician put junction box in with 1450 outlet. When charger arrives you'll be able to use mobile connector and later wire up to wall charger.
you can order a mobile charger from amazon expedited

Upvote 0