Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Pushed Indefinitely Because of 12 Volt Battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was lucky enough to purchase an inventory Stealth Y that I was supposed to take delivery of this week. Unfortunately it had to transported from MA to NY (only a few hours drive) and it missed my delivery date. After many phone calls, no one has been able to tell me when to expect the car nor provide an explanation for the delay. 15 minutes into the 3rd phone call today, the delivery person says that it seems to be an issue with the 12 Volt battery and the location in MA doesn’t have batteries so it is being held indefinitely until they order and receive a battery and are able to swap it.

Curious if anyone thinks this should be worrisome. While 12 Volt issues were rampant during the Model 3 launch, I have not been able to find any information about anyone having a 12 Volt issue with the Y. Or is the 12 Volt explanation by the delivery person simply to get me off the phone? I feel like either this is an unusual issue with the Y (and hopefully not a sign of other problems) or there is some other issue at hand. Has anyone had a similar issue and how did you resolve? Been able to make zero progress.

Thanks!

My MY has been in service since Sunday (delivered Saturday) for a 12v battery problem. Service still has no idea what caused it or what the solution is. Car was giving an 'Electrical system power reduced' error and wouldn't go into gear. Left it overnight and it was dead in the morning had to jump and tow it. Most likely going to return at this point.

The 12V battery is about half the size of compact cars12V. It's made by Hankook. Didn't know they made batteries.
VJfCzCD.jpg

Good luck