Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my car today via home delivery drop off. It’s common to have misalignments and gaps I understand. But when I contacted the delivery team they told me to make a service appointment through my app. The next available appointment will be the end of this month on all locations near me. Mobile service is available this week but they cannot accommodate body panel issues. Is this a normal procedure for all deliveries? I can understand waiting that long for future services when I had already established a record for owning the vehicle but for newly delivered car I heard people getting it fixed upon delivery or just a few days after via mobile service. I barely drove my car 40 miles around city streets but it looks like I just got back from off roading. I need to get ppf ASAP.

I received my car today via home delivery drop off. It’s common to have misalignments and gaps I understand. But when I contacted the delivery team they told me to make a service appointment through my app. The next available appointment will be the end of this month on all locations near me. Mobile service is available this week but they cannot accommodate body panel issues. Is this a normal procedure for all deliveries? I can understand waiting that long for future services when I had already established a record for owning the vehicle but for newly delivered car I heard people getting it fixed upon delivery or just a few days after via mobile service. I barely drove my car 40 miles around city streets but it looks like I just got back from off roading. I need to get ppf ASAP.
I had a similar experience when I took delivery. Had to wait 3 weeks for a service center appointment (in Los Angeles area). Just make sure you document all concerns in the app within the 72 hr / 100 mile timeframe.

And yes, if you’re getting PPF, definitely do it sooner than later (before you get any chips in the paint). Oh, and congrats on the new car!

I had a similar experience when I took delivery. Had to wait 3 weeks for a service center appointment (in Los Angeles area). Just make sure you document all concerns in the app within the 72 hr / 100 mile timeframe.
And yes, if you’re getting PPF, definitely do it sooner than later (before you get any chips in the paint). Oh, and congrats on the new car!
Thank you! But doing ppf before fixing issues?