Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Refused - 3/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LuckyX

Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch
Aug 11, 2016
Orange County
Just my story of how I had to refuse delivery of my M3. The passenger door panel had imperfections (the metal was waved/creased). This could be easily missed if you just walked around the vehicle. I however squatted down at the rear taillight and was eye level with the body lines and the light reflections made it easy to spot. Once it was pointed out the car detailer, delivery person, and manager was able to see it.

For now I’m in the waiting game and hoping to get a new vin assigned ASAP. All parties are in communication with each other. I’m hoping Tesla can make it right and deliver sooner rather than later.

Besides this imperfection the rest of the fit and finish was perfect. Much better than my MX.

Anyone else refuse delivery and how long until you got a new one delivered?

That sounds like something that can be fixed easily why wait for an entire new build if the rest of the car was perfect?
I doubt it is.

1. Remove the whole door from the car.
2. Remove evrything attached to it.
3. Attach everything back to the new panel and then to the car.

Hence, it will need to be sent to a body shop and how long would it take to get parts?

The OP did the right thing.

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG and TaoJones
Just my story of how I had to refuse delivery of my M3. The passenger door panel had imperfections (the metal was waved/creased). This could be easily missed if you just walked around the vehicle. I however squatted down at the rear taillight and was eye level with the body lines and the light reflections made it easy to spot. Once it was pointed out the car detailer, delivery person, and manager was able to see it.

For now I’m in the waiting game and hoping to get a new vin assigned ASAP. All parties are in communication with each other. I’m hoping Tesla can make it right and deliver sooner rather than later.

Besides this imperfection the rest of the fit and finish was perfect. Much better than my MX.

Anyone else refuse delivery and how long until you got a new one delivered?
When was your VIN assigned? I found the same defect with mine (driver side door) but they caught it before delivery and said they need to assign me a new VIN.

My original vin was 8602 assigned 3/14 I think. I was just assigned a new vin yesterday 14xxx (4/9)

That sounds like something that can be fixed easily why wait for an entire new build if the rest of the car was perfect?

I know it’s not an easy fix. On my X I took it with dirt debris under the top coat on the hood. It went to the shop and it took them a week to finish. My X also had an accident on the falcon door and the total time of ordering parts (sept ‘17). Car dropped off for repairs on Jan 2018 (took almost 4 months for parts) repairs took 20 days. And I’m still waiting for the new tracks to be put in (they are using my old ones.

Tesla is doing an amazing job on the turn around time and what’s another 2 weeks to wait....I’ve waited long enough. Lol.