Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery rescheduled, assigned VIN disappears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happens all the time. Just got a text 45 minutes ago that my car has not been delivered to Marina center. This would be my second cancellation by Tesla. First, they canceled it because it didn't pass inspection. Then, my sales rep said it passed inspection so it will be a short wait. 2nd delivery was for 9/15 @ 8am. Now the delivery center said it hasn't arrived--received text at 8:30 pm. And this is the exact same car. I suspect that something is terribly wrong with it. Here's the vin: 57436

First deposit April 4/2016
Finalized order June 29/2018
Delivery notice Aug 23- but to wrong state- told I would need to be “rematched”
Second delivery notice for Sept 21 but still no VIN assigned

No contact from Tesla- feel like I am getting the run-around

First deposit April 4/2016
Finalized order June 29/2018
Delivery notice Aug 23- but to wrong state- told I would need to be “rematched”
Second delivery notice for Sept 21 but still no VIN assigned

No contact from Tesla- feel like I am getting the run-around

How are you getting the run-around? You choose your delivery center when you make your $2500 final deposit for your car. Tesla sends you a confirmation that verifies this delivery location. This delivery location then shows up every time you look at your RN webpage for the next 'x' # of weeks.

More than likely the car you were matched up with was already being transported to the delivery center in NJ and re-routing it is not simple, Tesla decided instead to bump that car to someone who had their ducks in a row and you're now in a queue for the next one being built going to your NEW delivery center.

While not as extreme of an example, this makes me think of the guy who was trying to do his reservation as quickly as possible and just started punching in zip codes till he got one that worked. It was in NY but he is actually in an entirely different part of the country. Tesla called him up to arrange the pick up and THEN he tells them he's in a different state and asks them to spend $$ and time shuffling his car around due to his screw-up.

Tesla is making a lot of errors here, but when customers make mistakes it's not Tesla's fault.... they are under an enormous amount of pressure just trying to deliver cars to customers who know what is what.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
It's probably not a new car, but the system.
My vin automatically unlocked on the website T-7 days from delivery; about the hour of my delivery appointment. The next day when I called my service center they told me a logistics issue kept the car from arriving on time, and moved me a week back to a new date. That change hid my VIN again. I know it's the same car/vin though. (My car, despite being delivered in Pittsburgh, was only loaded onto a train at 12:00AM on 9/14,,, if they make it by 9/25 like they say, i'd be amazed)

Reactions: neroden
I have the same issue...
Delivery was scheduled for September 21th, and I had a VIN number assigned.
Now, they moved my delivery to Oct 11th, and I have no VIN.

Getting tired of calling and sending several emails to follow up and getting nothing back...