Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Rescheduled for One Week EARLY (less than 48 hours notice)- but Away. Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I tried a search for this topic but didn't see anything - so, here goes:

My LR AWD was scheduled for delivery in Cherry Hill, NJ for the morning of 11/21 (the wed. prior to Thanksgiving - was going to just take the whole day off to enjoy the car). I just got a text at 8pm today (11/12) that my car arrived early they rescheduled me for the morning of 11/14. While I wish I could get my car then, rescheduling a delivery with short notice for a weekday morning isn't exactly ideal - it seems weird that they just reschedule you without asking if you can do it (I can't do it - jammed with meetings all day and in NY part of the day).

What are my options? I wrote back immediately (via text - but also left VM and email) to the IDA advising that the new time doesn't work but that I DO NOT want to sacrifice my car (meaning my fear is that if I can't take delivery at the specific date and time they name, they can sell my car to someone else and I will have to get back in line - seems crazy, I know - but nothing about this entire experience is conventional - usually in a good way!). It's only been an hour but my sense is I won't hear anything till tomorrow at this point.

TLDR: So...If I don't take delivery on the new date that was forced on me, how easy is it to reschedule usually? Ideally, I'd like my original date/time back.

I'd say if you want the same car, you'd need to reschedule to the closest date possible. From what I read, having the date that far out will almost definitely mean your car will be reassigned. The good news is, if true, is that I've also read that you get matched up pretty quickly to another car. So you might end up with the same delivery date, just a new car.

So - interesting update: I spoke to Jessie at Cherry Hill - she was so incredibly patient and helpful. She explained that you have 7 days from the time the car arrives at the dealer to take delivery before it gets sold to someone else. So, technically, my car arrived on the 12th, so I would have to take it by 11/19. I arranged to pick it up on Saturday, 11/17 (couldn't push to the original 11/21 date, but this Saturday is better than tomorrow, 11/14) and I'm psyched - timing works well, etc. I hadn't seen anything about this 7 day rule before, so hopefully this post will be helpful to someone else in a similar situation.

Last edited:
So - interesting update: I spoke to Jessie at Cherry Hill - she was so incredibly patient and helpful. She explained that you have 7 days from the time the car arrives at the dealer to take delivery before it gets sold to someone else. So, technically, my car arrived on the 10th, so I would have to take it by 11/20. I arranged to pick it up on Saturday, 11/17 (couldn't push to the original 11/21 date, but this Saturday is better than tomorrow, 11/14) and I'm psyched - timing works well, etc. I hadn't seen anything about this 7 day rule before, so hopefully this post will be helpful to someone else in a similar situation.
Great update, and great info!!