Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery rescheduled last minute?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their delivery rescheduled last minute? I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow and just got a call saying the delivery will have to be pushed a week further. I wonder what they’ve found on the car last minute...

Rescheduling in less than 24hr is what got me thinking there is something wrong they’ve discovered last minute. They can’t even tell me when it will be ready, just said they will call next week for updates. If they were to call me a few days earlier to reschedule, it will probably be better.

According to the delivery center, the car was sending a "need to troubleshoot" signal, a firmware update fixed the issue. Finally took delivery and hope the firmware is the only thing that had gone bad. If the delivery center just said it needs firmware update from the beginning, it would've been a lot easier to understand...

I was supposed to pick up my Model 3 today (4/25). Took the day off and picked up the kids from school early to head out to the delivery center. As I was getting ready, received a call from the ISA stating that the vehicle won't be ready today as they were not able to complete detailing the car on time. They would be able to deliver the car either Friday or Tuesday for sure. I said that Friday works for me.

Then I called the delivery center to find out what was going on and came to know that they haven't completed installing the self driving features (which I had requested).

About an hour later I received another call from the ISA stating that the vehicle had some battery issues and hence they are looking for a matching vehicle and that my VIN would change. It would take another 3 -6 weeks for providing the new delivery date.

I took a loan from BOA for 30k and the balance I'm paying out of pocket. All the payment has already been made. For making the payment for the balance amount, I used ACH thru the Tesla portal per suggestion from the ISA. The next day when I logged into to my checking account, I'm surprised to find that Tesla has submitted 3 transfers of the exact same amount causing a negative balance in my checking account. Not sure what to do (called the ISA but no answer) put a hold on the transfer by calling my bank.

Finally, after two days, my account was accessible and made a cashier's check for the down payment/ balance amount.

Wanted to share a screenshot of the current account status but could not upload it here.

Has anyone experienced similar situations?
What do you think - did they sale my vehicle to someone else? I'm upset ... yet laughing at the way TESLA operates....

DeliveryRescheduled.png

What do you think - did they sale my vehicle to someone else? I'm upset ... yet laughing at the way TESLA operates....

I don’t think they are (and certainly hope they won’t) giving your car to someone else, perhaps they found out problems with your car and it will be quicker to give you another one rather than fixing it. It’s probably a huge disappointment for you, but on the bright side you might’ve avoided frustration on future service center visits shortly after your delivery.

I had my delivery rescheduled about 24 hours before I was to pick it up today. They found 2 scratches on the passenger side door and wanted to send it to their certified body shop to have the door repainted, so it was up to Tesla quality standards. Which I was happy about since I have a 2.5 hour drive and would not have been happy to point that out at delivery. So hopefully next week, they are supposed to call Mon or Tues with an update.

So Tesla initiated 2x $31k bank transfers, despite only supposed to be taking out 1?? Wow. Not many people that can have their checking account absorb an unexpected $31k withdrawal without issues. That's just a clown college level of professionalism there. Unless that is how they are doing an unofficial capital raise. ;)

And to go from a few hours from picking up your car to 3-6 weeks out....damn, I would be livid if I were in your situation. Hopefully they make up for the multiple gaffs they made on your purchase experience.

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and DR61
The answer to your question is the Registry of Motor Vehicles. They have been shut down all of yesterday and today and my delivery was affected as well. They are unable to register any new cars because the RMV database is down

MassDOT RMV
"
National system issues impacting licensing in all 50 states. RMV currently can only verify lawful presence with US birth certificates....More

"

I was supposed to pick up my Model 3 today (4/25). Took the day off and picked up the kids from school early to head out to the delivery center. As I was getting ready, received a call from the ISA stating that the vehicle won't be ready today as they were not able to complete detailing the car on time. They would be able to deliver the car either Friday or Tuesday for sure. I said that Friday works for me.

Then I called the delivery center to find out what was going on and came to know that they haven't completed installing the self driving features (which I had requested).

About an hour later I received another call from the ISA stating that the vehicle had some battery issues and hence they are looking for a matching vehicle and that my VIN would change. It would take another 3 -6 weeks for providing the new delivery date.

I took a loan from BOA for 30k and the balance I'm paying out of pocket. All the payment has already been made. For making the payment for the balance amount, I used ACH thru the Tesla portal per suggestion from the ISA. The next day when I logged into to my checking account, I'm surprised to find that Tesla has submitted 3 transfers of the exact same amount causing a negative balance in my checking account. Not sure what to do (called the ISA but no answer) put a hold on the transfer by calling my bank.

Finally, after two days, my account was accessible and made a cashier's check for the down payment/ balance amount.

Wanted to share a screenshot of the current account status but could not upload it here.

Hi - any update on this? I am in similar situation and I had to reject my car and asked for a new VIN..