Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Rescheduled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When a car is going to be shipped thousands of miles via truck and loaded with other cars that may need to be dropped off at different points along the way, it is going to be hard to be precise on when it will arrive at your destination.

Truck can have weather issues, manditory rest times for the driver, a flat tire or other mechanical issue, a delay at a weigh station...tons of stuff can make perfect predictions possible.

When it arrives it will again go through an inspection process to prepare for delivery. They may sometimes fine items that need to be addresses prior to presentation to the customer. All paperwork must be prepared and confirmation of final payment/credit approval may need some time to sort.

Along the way Tesla will make predictions and notify customer of expectations, but sometimes things come up along the way.

I had a scheduled delivery in Minneapolis on 6/9 but was rescheduled to 6/13 because of a "logistics issue". On a later call they told me that the truck carrying it was coming "across the Wisconsin border" so my theory is they accidentally sent my car to Chicago or something.

On 6/5/20 I got this txt :
"Your Model Y is on its way to the Devon Delivery Center and ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select your appointment"
I scheduled my appointment for 6/12/20. I got the MVPA with VIN and had to upload proof of insurance and pay balance due., no trade involved.
On 6/11/20 I got a txt that the car will be arriving 6/18/20 and they rescheduled my appointment for 6/19/20. My thoughts are they expected the car to be on a carrier arriving on the 11th but when it wasn't, they rescheduled. I also am waiting on an order I put in on 6/5/20 for a NEMA 14-50 plug adapter and homelink. Customer service never responded for my request on an update. They now show up sitting in a CA Fedx facility for 3 days. I got all prepared for charging by installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet but without the adapter plug I can't charge.
When I spoke with my delivery advisor early June, she told me pickup was tentatively June 18 at the Devon location. Shortly after I got a text to schedule pickup and the dates were June 10-13, so I chose June 12. Shortly after that, I got another text apologizing for an error and another option to schedule pickup June 16-19.

They may have had a few batches of schedule notifications a bit too early.

I confirmed today my pickup is still on schedule for tomorrow, June 17. They told me it was ready today if I wanted it early.

Be very proactive and persistent in confirming your delivery. My delivery was scheduled for the 17th but the car came in early and we moved it to yesterday. When I got there the system still showed the 17th even though I was texting back and forth with the inside delivery person confirming the new date. The car was not ready but I got a chance to inspect it. I am back to pick it up tomorrow. Tesla is disorganized. You all need to be nice but dogged in checking everything along the way.

I was scheduled to take delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately I received a call yesterday telling me there were a number of paint issues that need to be addressed prior to me taking delivery and that I would need to reschedule in two weeks or I can place/request a new vehicle off the assembly line. I empathize with others frustrations but on the other hand I do appreciate Tesla’s honesty with me and the options they gave me. At the end of the day, our country has not completely opened up and I currently work from home so if I have to wait a bit more for a “perfect” vehicle then so be it. As of now do i WANT my car yes of course I do. But is it a NEED right now...no. Also the pics they had sent me were very minor paint issues but regardless they wanted to make it right. Other car dealers are more worried about the sale and keeping you at their dealership till they do, hence why one of the reasons I decided to get a Tesla just so I don’t have to go back and forth with dealerships. And it’s not like their vehicles are perfect all time either.

I got a txt today that said to get ready for touchless delivery and a link to 9 videos about the Y. One covered the phone key. I loaded the Tesla App on my phone but can’t get past the welcome screen. Has anyone used this app? Does it need to be linked to the car before you can use it?

I got a txt today that said to get ready for touchless delivery and a link to 9 videos about the Y. One covered the phone key. I loaded the Tesla App on my phone but can’t get past the welcome screen. Has anyone used this app? Does it need to be linked to the car before you can use it?
Won’t be functional till Tesla deal complete !

Like the others mentioned, the app will not have your Tesla present until AFTER you have all the preconditions handled in your account page under manage (payment made, loan docs e-signed, etc. depends on your scenario), and you have the accept delivery button showing up in your account as the next step. After you press that accept delivery button it will trigger the back end systems at Tesla to add that VIN to your account to make your Tesla MY show up in your account page and in the app after you log out and back in again. With the app you can open the doors, get the RFID key cards, get the papers to sign and be on your way.

Aside, that was the issue I had yesterday during my touchless delivery. I arrived, inspected the outside, was happy with it, went into my account on my phone web browser to press this accept delivery button and nothing, it would not work, Tesla's system was down. What timing for me. Without that, I had no access to the MY in the app which is what you normally would use to open the doors to get the RFID key cards and paperwork to sign. In my case after trying for 30+ minutes the SC opened the doors for me so I could inspect the inside and get the papers to sign. After another extended period of time and the system was still down, they made updates to the system at my request to say delivery accepted so I could actually go home with my new MY. Still no MY in my account or in the app, just used the RFID key card to drive home. Eventually later on last night my MY showed up in my account and in my app and all is fine now. This is not normal, just the kind of thing that usually finds me somehow. Just detailing this here in case it should ever happen again to somebody else. This is my first Tesla, I just hope this initial hazing process of ordering, waiting, playing the QC lotto and trying to actually take it home are over with it.