Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Scheduled for Oct. 29th, is this a problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the delivery team here in Littleton Colorado and they said my car is still in the freemont lot. They are checking on seeing why it hasn't been shipped yet. Luckily I called them and didnt show up tuesday and found out the car wasnt there. Just wondering if you guys think that i will get the car on tuesday or should i plan on getting it later. Thanks for listening. I feel its going to be delayed now.

4 days is plenty of time for them to get it to Littleton. The real question is whether or not they'll ship the car today, or if they possibly have sent that particular vehicle somewhere else. Personally, I would expect the worst, but hope for the best.

Reactions: jjrandorin
4 days is plenty of time for them to get it to Littleton. The real question is whether or not they'll ship the car today, or if they possibly have sent that particular vehicle somewhere else. Personally, I would expect the worst, but hope for the best.
I am expecting the worse lol, just hope it didnt get sent somwhere else. I did call them back an hour later and they said it has been moved to a different lot. So ya, ok. I'll update when i have more info and if and when i take delivery of the car. This is a SR+ Pearl White with black interior and the 19" wheels.

Talked to another advisor this one is a Sr. advisor i guess and told me that the logistics team is moving it for transport and he is optomistic about my scheduled delivery on tuesday lol. He them emailed me and asked if I wanted him to home deliver it to me, i am about 20 min from the tesla delivery center. I think I am still going to take delivery at the delivery center.

Al
Take delivery at the center. If there are any issues with the vehicle then you don't have to drive it back to the center. Good call.

Also, if there is any defect, especially if you ordered a black car, you can reject it easier there. I personally would have a hard time rejecting it when they drove it to my house. Also, insist on inspecting the car before signing. I believe there are significantly less defects now than earlier but black shows even the slights paint defect.

I also so worried that I to tried and decide what level of level of defect would I reject ahead of delivery. Thank god I had no defect except for two tiny scratches on the headlight and tail light, I ordered Pearl white, I decided to live with it. I didn’t want them to try and polish it out and remove the protective coating. Months afterwards,I found a slight frump misalignment. I adjusted to rubber stops, it looks better but not sure if I want it looked at. I since looked at some Acura’s closely and found they have misalignment on the hoods.

I think I worried too much with all the old comments on the cars defects, you should relax and enjoy your M3 delivery. I can’t believe how much of a joy the M3 is even with the nitpicking.

Take delivery at the center. If there are any issues with the vehicle then you don't have to drive it back to the center. Good call.

+100 on this. Also, if you take delivery at the center, and find something they can fix on the spot, they will do so, vs home delivery where that obviously wont happen.

Its my belief that, unless its impractical (SC more than a couple hours away, or tesla doesnt have SCs in your state due to archaic dealer protection laws), one should take delivery at a delivery center.

Al

Also, if there is any defect, especially if you ordered a black car, you can reject it easier there. I personally would have a hard time rejecting it when they drove it to my house. Also, insist on inspecting the car before signing. I believe there are significantly less defects now than earlier but black shows even the slights paint defect.

I also so worried that I to tried and decide what level of level of defect would I reject ahead of delivery. Thank god I had no defect except for two tiny scratches on the headlight and tail light, I ordered Pearl white, I decided to live with it. I didn’t want them to try and polish it out and remove the protective coating. Months afterwards,I found a slight frump misalignment. I adjusted to rubber stops, it looks better but not sure if I want it looked at. I since looked at some Acura’s closely and found they have misalignment on the hoods.

I think I worried too much with all the old comments on the cars defects, you should relax and enjoy your M3 delivery. I can’t believe how much of a joy the M3 is even with the nitpicking.

I need to read over my posts in the future before submitting it. There are errors in my post due to either the auto-replace or just mere grammar errors. Sorry.