Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery scheduled tomorrow, Still waiting for Lightstream rate beat! Do I have time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have delivery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon in Fremont.

I’m loan approved by Lightstream but I submitted a rate beat yesterday and I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m getting scared that they will not approved the rate beat on time or maybe they won’t have time to transfer the funds by tomorrow afternoon.

I’m thinking I should just go with my CU and forget about Lightstream rate beat.

Until when is reasonable to wait for them to approve the rate beat? Could somebody give me a good estimate? I don’t want to miss the delivery because I don’t have funds or a check from my CU.

Thanks.

LightStream matched my rate within two hours of me sending it their way, so I’d reach back out to them again immediately.

They will direct deposit the money into the bank account of your choice, but if you need it today for tomorrow, I believe they’ll have to wire transfer it, which can come with a fee.

Depending if it’s past 5PM where you live, you may still be able to get the money tomorrow.

Hi,

I have delivery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon in Fremont.

I’m loan approved by Lightstream but I submitted a rate beat yesterday and I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m getting scared that they will not approved the rate beat on time or maybe they won’t have time to transfer the funds by tomorrow afternoon.

I’m thinking I should just go with my CU and forget about Lightstream rate beat.

Until when is reasonable to wait for them to approve the rate beat? Could somebody give me a good estimate? I don’t want to miss the delivery because I don’t have funds or a check from my CU.

Thanks.

I email Lightspeed yesterday and today also with no response. I read that they are typically fast so I don’t know why the slow response.

So was it funded in 24 hours?
So I got the approval email and rate beat like half an hour after I posted my original post.

I quickly went ahead and finished all the online documentation.
I had to use next day wire to transfer the funds (what really turned into same day wire), otherwise I had to pick Friday to get the funds delivered.
This morning (Thursday) Lightstream sent me an email around 9ish saying that they initiated the transfer and in about a little more than one hour I could see the funds in my account. Then I went to the bank and got a cashier check.

Now the fun part... about 50 minutes before the delivery today, they called me from the delivery center and they told me that they pulled me off of schedule due that the car had "paint chips sprayed with a clear coat on the Right Rear Quarter Panel." And that it's going to take about a week to fix it!!

After making everything happen in the last day, even at a cost (wire transfer vs regular transfer) now they tell me this. It's really frustrating. Not only that but I had asked this morning for time off at work, arranged babysitter to stay with kids, etc. Couldn't they have reviewed the car in advance? I was in my way there when they called me! And I'm also doing a trade-in, not sure how this delay will affect it.

:(:(:(

So I got the approval email and rate beat like half an hour after I posted my original post.

I had to use next day wire to transfer the funds (what really turned into same day wire), otherwise I had to pick Friday to get the funds delivered.
This morning (Thursday) Lightstream sent me an email around 9ish saying that they initiated the transfer and in about a little more than one hour I could see the funds in my account. Then I went to the bank and got a cashier check.

Now the fun part... about 50 minutes before the delivery today, they called me from the delivery center and they told me that they pulled me off of schedule due that the car had "paint chips sprayed with a clear coat on the Right Rear Quarter Panel." And that it's going to take about a week to fix it!!

After making everything happen in the last day, even at a cost (wire transfer vs regular transfer) now they tell me this. It's really frustrating. Not only that but I had asked this morning for time off at work, arranged babysitter to stay with kids, etc. Couldn't they have reviewed the car in advance? I was in my way there when they called me! And I'm also doing a trade-in, not sure how this delay will affect it.

I'm concerned this will happen to me. I'm scheduled for this Saturday. I had funds wired to me today.

Welcome to the club... you should read the AWD deliveries thread.

Yeah it’s happened to a few of us, I got my funding ready and secured , and the day before it was cancelled and I had to call the CU to pull the check and not mail it in since I was getting reassigned a new VIN which invalidated the loan, but the only up side was $130 savings now going thru LightStreams beat the rate