Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I thought I would post my two cents worth here on my pickup and subsequent delivery experience. I picked my M3LR up on 2/ 23, and everything really looked great. I didn't notice any defects in the paint, panel gaps etc. Left the service center for the first trip home, and plugged in the destination to try out the navigation features (Apple car play was my previous method of navigation). Everything worked as expected, and I arrived home without incident. Fast forward to 2/25. Got in the car to do some grocery shopping, and while attempting to back out of the garage, no backup camera. Unperturbed, I continued on my way to my destination, and after driving back home, I noticed that my map and navigation was not working either. I thought it might be corrected by doing a two button reset, so I tried that a few times to no avail. So I booked an appointment at the Service Center (3/6 was the earliest date available) and proceeded to call the service number. After waiting a while on hold, I was connected to someone who told me that they could not do anything for me other than confirm my appointment and that I was lucky that it was only a week away. That didn't make me too happy, so I asked to be connect to someone who might remotely diagnose this problem. After being transferred and going through some attempts to shut down and restart, nothing was resolved. I then asked for the direct number to the Clarkston,MI Service Center, and was given the extension. The service rep there was pretty sympathetic to my problem and moved my appointment to 3/1. Now I am just hoping that there will be a simple resolution to this, and not a sign of things to come. Not to mention that as you all probably know, they cannot tell you if there will be a loaner vehicle available if the car needs to be left for any period of time. Needless to say, I am not overly thrilled with my first Tesla experience.

Pictures please so that we know what rubber seal you are talking about
The outdoor picture is the "before". The indoor pic is "after". If you look carefully, you can see the seal between the 2 glass panels don't meet-up in the outdoor pic. They do now :)

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 337
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 281
I believe that seal is a cosmetic trim close-out piece, similar to what some windshields have, it isn’t responsible for making the seal water tight. Those roof panels are glued on like a windshield and that urethane sealant (or whatever it is) is what makes it watertight.

But it does look like it’s fitted much better afterwards.

Reactions: enemji and TBrownTX
I believe that seal is a cosmetic trim close-out piece, similar to what some windshields have, it isn’t responsible for making the seal water tight. Those roof panels are glued on like a windshield and that urethane sealant (or whatever it is) is what makes it watertight.

But it does look like it’s fitted much better afterwards.
Before the repair, there was a gap where I could see the metal frame (of that bar that spans across the cabin ceiling) an inch beneath the glass. There was no seal of the glass to any surface running from left to right side of the car. If the car were in the rain, water would accumulate in the ceiling of the car with no obvious place for it to drain.

Before the repair, there was a gap where I could see the metal frame (of that bar that spans across the cabin ceiling) an inch beneath the glass. There was no seal of the glass to any surface running from left to right side of the car. If the car were in the rain, water would accumulate in the ceiling of the car with no obvious place for it to drain.
I doubt that they have such a major design flaw. That said, in that case even now water can accumulate below that rubber seal and you won’t see it

Hello. Just took delivery on 2/24. Noticed few things and scheduled an appt almost month out. Got an estimate for 104 for the issue outlined below. Is it typical to get estimate and only find out if it’s cover under delivery issues or warranty at later time?

Have a scratch under driver door and the interior liner piece overlaps and the handles in 3 doors are recessed compared to the driver side.

Appreciate the insight!

Attachments

• A90CAAF9-AF11-4689-8E47-BAEBF17CD3E5.jpeg
    A90CAAF9-AF11-4689-8E47-BAEBF17CD3E5.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 255
  • E533A4E2-D5F3-42B8-B6F7-FBD58D7FEF8E.jpeg
    E533A4E2-D5F3-42B8-B6F7-FBD58D7FEF8E.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 216
  • 6E052048-5F73-42F4-9C94-C17D899E322C.jpeg
    6E052048-5F73-42F4-9C94-C17D899E322C.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 259
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I took delivery on my 2022 M3LR back on 2/3/22. Day of delivery I found panel gaps and paint was missing on the trunks pillar leading to the roof pillar. Tesla service told me to take is and they will call me to bring it back for the body shop. Drove it for 3 days then it took it to the service center. Body shop has had it for 3 week almost going to 4 weeks. Interior surprisingly was flawless. That has been my experience.

FYI, not sure if this is the proper thread but I received my M3LR with the intel chipset 🥲🥲🥲. Vin ending in 158xxx. I reserved back in September, went thru with it around Christmas time, waited due to all the Ryzen reports, and placed the order hoping my car would have had the upgrades. I believe it has the new 12v battery though. Any thoughts on how I can get Tesla to get me the Ryzen 😮‍💨🥲😆

I’m awaiting delivery of a 197xxx VIN and was wondering what everyone’s experience was lately regarding M3 panel gaps? Obviously I’ll inspect it, but honestly I think I’ve been desensitized to it by reading everyone’s posts 😂

Man after reading through this entire thread ( all 44 pages lol) I am astonished how lax the majority of you are on a $50k plus vehicle just because it's a Tesla. Saying things like people are too anal or Tesla is focused on other things and not making the car perfect. Fact of the matter is it is unacceptable. I'm not going to be blinded by fsd or acceleration... it's not fun to drive if it looks like crap. They need to be held to a higher standard and the issue is too many of y'all are letting them get away with it so they don't even care at this point.

At what other point in history has it ever been acceptable for these levels of quality on a brand new car. And what a lot of you are saying may be true...these issues exist with other manufacturers but it's corrected before you ever see it and I'm fine with that. But don't tell me my car is ready to be picked up and you know it's absolutely trash and then expect me to give my brand new $50k car up for a week or two while you fix it and I'm expected to hand you money while this is happening. Nope. Doesn't work that way.

They need to stop telling people their cars are ready until the remedy ALL issues. I've bought probably over 15 brand new cars off the lot and not one of them has had a quality issue. No panel gaps, no soft paint, no paint runs or missing paint, no dents or scratches, no doors that won't close properly... nothing. If Hyundai can get it right on a $30k car then Tesla has no excuse and I won't tolerate it. When it comes time for delivery if it's not immaculate I will reject it and if it takes too long for them to get me another car or if the second one is bad too I'll just cancel and eat the $250. Actually, I'll probably press them to refund it since they couldn't competently deliver me a quality vehicle having more than one opportunity. We'll see how that goes lol but in any case, being behind the wheel of a Tesla doesn't excite me enough excuse quality...it's not that serious for me.

I got a demo car with 900 or so miles, and went I picked it up today they said I’d have 24 hours to report any issues.

I got home and noticed two alignment issues, and a pretty big wheel gash and and tire damage. Additionally, I’m bummed because it’s an Intel processor and not the new Ryzen processor.

Will I have any issue getting them to fix the problems and replace the damaged tire and wheel? Less importantly, do I have the option of returning the car and getting a different one?

I got a demo car with 900 or so miles, and went I picked it up today they said I’d have 24 hours to report any issues.

I got home and noticed two alignment issues, and a pretty big wheel gash and and tire damage. Additionally, I’m bummed because it’s an Intel processor and not the new Ryzen processor.

Will I have any issue getting them to fix the problems and replace the damaged tire and wheel? Less importantly, do I have the option of returning the car and getting a different one?

I dont think there is any cooling off period for car purchases in CA, and I think Tesla stopped vehicle returns on new vehicles a while ago. The "ryzen processor" thing is new, so that is not something you should have expected in a demo (or checked before you accepted the vehicle).

Whether they will fix it or not likely depends on whether the vehicle was sold to you as new or used. A "demo" could be titled as either, depending on whether it was owned by someone before turning into a demo or not.

...Just got a DIF_a149 error...WTF..."Powertrain requires service"....Quick google shows its a Oil Pump Failure for battery cooling

360miles on the car and this error now.. Thankfully I have a service appointment setup with Tesla this Friday for the Delivery issues that they have not corrected..+ add this to list now..

picked up on saturday at the KC service center. Was pretty quick, I showed up and the guy gave me the key cards to go look the car over to make sure everything was alright. Told me that if I was satisfied I could go ahead and grab the paper work and bring it back in. This was all before I even completed payment. Gaps are all acceptable. Only couple things I found were misaligned taillights (easy fix) dirty headliner and the driver seat has tiger mark stretching. Anyone know if that’s something they won’t fix?

Attachments

• 8EE731F8-ACC3-4CE6-A465-EB0388AF0274.jpeg
    8EE731F8-ACC3-4CE6-A465-EB0388AF0274.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 5528378C-4C36-49FF-93C7-05F4C1D2E55D.jpeg
    5528378C-4C36-49FF-93C7-05F4C1D2E55D.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 226