Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a brand new model 3 in late November and honestly this has been the worst buying and ownership experience I have had in 30 years of car ownership.

I’ve already posted about major safety concerns with AP and CC slamming the brakes when passing under blinking yellow lights. I have had a myriad of other complaints starting from the day I placed a deposit on their website that I will spare you. All I can say is I really am not the complaining type, and generally tolerate an awful lot and will often let people “push me around” just to avoid confrontation. But when I reach my breaking point, I tend to “explode.” I am reaching that breaking point with this Tesla.

Within the first month of owning the car, one of the TPMS sensors went out (never hit a pothole or touched the OEM tires). Scheduled a service through the app that was a couple of weeks out, only to have a service person call me a few days before the appointment telling me I had to reschedule due to a “glitch.”

Finally got in this weekend for an 8 am service appointment to get it taken care of. They told me I had to pick the car up at the end of the day, and at that point I basically went off on them, telling them that no one communicated to me that it would be an entire day to get it fixed. I also let them know how dissatisfied I was with the entire ownership experience to date and that I would never recommend the brand to anyone else at this point. The service person said she would get the car fixed within 2 hours and I thanked her.

This morning on my way to work I got a message that the left side pillar camera is blocked and that I could not make a lane change with AP on. I literally had the car washed yesterday and it is spotless. When I got to work, I inspected both side pillar cameras and the housings both seem to have identical condensation within them. Is this normal? In any event, I only got the message about my left camera and not the right. I am not even 2 months into ownership.

This is easily the worst new car ownership experience I have ever had in 30 years, and I regret buying this car so much. It is hard to envision things getting better as the car and its electronic systems age. The whole experience seems like one big beta test that I paid $60k for having the privilege to participate in. Right now, wrongly or rightly, I perceive the AP and CC systems to be nothing but scams and I feel like a sucker. The car is an amazing cruiser, but the terrible AP and especially the intrusive CC completely ruin what would otherwise be a fine driving experience.

Ok, end of rant.
I hear ya. I’ve had my M3 AWD 2 weeks. The passenger seat crackles if moved like something plastic is broken underneath. The left rocker panel is shredded. Being replaced. Came off truck from the factory in Fremont California this way. The plastic panel behind passenger side mirror is protruding. Hum. So thinking should I get things fixed under the warranty and sell to carvana?!. I still have my Jetta to use.

I was so thrilled about the new Tesla.

An update since my post:
My car was perfect when I took delivery last Saturday. Still running/looking perfect 600 miles later in one week. 👌 (model 3 performance)

Currently at 5300 miles. Trouble free. The car has been amazing and gets driven about 75 miles per day on average during the week. Its my first trouble free new car experience to be honest. All our previous Mazdas had issues within first couple months, our BMWs, Hondas and Hyundai. So this has been a nice experience. I feel bad for the owners with the bad luck in here.

Dropped my vehicle off for service a few days ago, They estimate 8 days to fix my list of stuff and are "investigating" the lowered suspension issue. My car sits as high as a regular model (slightly higher actually).

Hey guys, just picked my M3LR today 3/16/22. I went to the dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL and was told if any defects or whatnot were noticed to notify Tesla within 3 days/100 miles. Unfortunately being in S Fla, during pickup, an infamous S Fla struck and couldn’t properly inspect the car and had to leave because 1.5hrs away. Do I contact Tesla regarding this since it’s within the frame I was told? Or just schedule a mobile service appointment? Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 053B3ECE-E42D-490F-924D-8DD977AFB56B.jpeg
    053B3ECE-E42D-490F-924D-8DD977AFB56B.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 04B7AAA4-5D03-4DE9-AFF6-540A5F0836F2.jpeg
    04B7AAA4-5D03-4DE9-AFF6-540A5F0836F2.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 182
Hey guys, just picked my M3LR today 3/16/22. I went to the dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL and was told if any defects or whatnot were noticed to notify Tesla within 3 days/100 miles. Unfortunately being in S Fla, during pickup, an infamous S Fla struck and couldn’t properly inspect the car and had to leave because 1.5hrs away. Do I contact Tesla regarding this since it’s within the frame I was told? Or just schedule a mobile service appointment? Thanks everyone.

You should probably contact them however they told you to report issues with your vehicle. If they didnt give you any information, then you would schedule service (and hope mobile service does what you need done, thats not a given)

Hi I received a car and few days noticed a dent in the trunk and Tesla refusing it

Attachments

• 5F8FC81E-0AFD-43BA-A7E2-6E48419FBDB1.jpeg
    5F8FC81E-0AFD-43BA-A7E2-6E48419FBDB1.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 2DAC67FF-E6BB-4AB6-B6FC-87F85B15BF00.jpeg
    2DAC67FF-E6BB-4AB6-B6FC-87F85B15BF00.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 7EBF6E68-B482-4363-83D8-9AC72AB08D03.jpeg
    7EBF6E68-B482-4363-83D8-9AC72AB08D03.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 201
I will

there is no scratches on it and it is obvious Ly not a result of an accident and it is so minor to hard to spot it when I got the car

Sorry, but there is no "obviously" here in this case. If that car picture was in a private enclosed garage, and you told them you drove straight home and parked in the garage and havent gone anywhere, maybe that might be a slight bit different.

You are parked in a public garage, and noticed that "a few days after delivery" there is no reason at all tesla should be covering that specific thing. Dents can be caused without scratches quite easily, and could have been done by anyone (even you), from teslas position.

There is no way for you to prove that it was there on delivery, and because you park in a public garage the likelyhood is, it actually wasnt there, at least from their standpoint. If it bothers you, you will need to take it somewhere and get it fixed on your dime (or your insurance dime).

Nothing wrong with asking tesla to cover it, but its obvious its your expectation that they cover it, and they have no obligation to do so. They do a lot of things wrong, in this area, but one reason I feel they do that is because they get a lot of stuff like this thrown at them. Pretty easy to get super jaded when a ton of the "isses" brought to you are things the customer thinks is your issue that arent.

That makes it so when something actually is a thing you should cover, you may miss it because of being jaded about all the other stuff.

Without you bringing it to their attention before you left the service center not really sure what you expect them to do about it? How do they know it didn't happen after you took po
Just so I understand....you noticed a dent a couple days after you took delivery? That dent is yours (right or wrong) and Tesla has zero responsibility in my opinion.
I just got a message that they will check it and probably fix it .