Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Site Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think home delivery is an option any more unless you live a certain distance from a service center. Can't remember how far, but it's at least a couple hundred miles. That being said, you should pay the appropriate taxes and fees based on where you have the car registered, not where you pick it up. Just be sure to point that out to them because I did have them screw that up when I picked up my first Tesla. Strangely they had the number right on the invoice, so I brought a cashier's check in for that amount. Then when I got there they were using the default setting for Seattle and they said I owed $100-200 more than they did on the invoice. I pointed it out and they were able to fix it after a few minutes so it wasn't too big a deal. You just got to be sure they do it right.

Reactions: goneskiian
@ PLUS EV Thanks for the response. In my case the deference is about $1500. The sales tax rate where I live is 7.7% and Bellevue is 10.3% so not what I consider chump change.
Yeah maybe it was a bigger discrepancy, or maybe they only screwed up a small part of the tax formula. I can't really remember but I definitely remember the shock when the amount they were asking for in person was different than what was on the invoice and thus difference than the amount of the cashiers check I brought in. I'm just going from memory though so I could have some of the details wrong. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the specifics of what you should be charged. In any case, it seems like the type of question the service center should be able to answer if you just ask them.

Yeah maybe it was a bigger discrepancy, or maybe they only screwed up a small part of the tax formula. I can't really remember but I definitely remember the shock when the amount they were asking for in person was different than what was on the invoice and thus difference than the amount of the cashiers check I brought in. I'm just going from memory though so I could have some of the details wrong. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the specifics of what you should be charged. In any case, it seems like the type of question the service center should be able to answer if you just ask them.

Well shoot. I definitely paid the tax rate of the delivery center. I think it’s like .1% different than where I live so I probably won’t sweat it but yeah 7.7% is a huge difference.