Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when you order your Tesla, it should give it an "expected" delivery date. just add a month onto it.

e.g. if it says late Jan 2016, don't expect your car to really be ready to collect till almost late feb. in the meantime tho, try to get your paperwork sorted out. Tesla didn't contact me to get cover note/insurance/final payment all sorted out until the car was physically at their TML tower shop in Tseun Wan. since paper work takes time to process, i could've collected the car 2 days quicker.

when you order your Tesla, it should give it an "expected" delivery date. just add a month onto it.

e.g. if it says late Jan 2016, don't expect your car to really be ready to collect till almost late feb. in the meantime tho, try to get your paperwork sorted out. Tesla didn't contact me to get cover note/insurance/final payment all sorted out until the car was physically at their TML tower shop in Tseun Wan. since paper work takes time to process, i could've collected the car 2 days quicker.

Thanks for your advice. That means I will only get mine in April as the preferred delivery shows March.

How do I purchase insurance without any information about the car?

Thanks for your advice. That means I will only get mine in April as the preferred delivery shows March.

How do I purchase insurance without any information about the car?

Exemption to Ediot's 1 month suggestion is the last month of the quarter. You might just get it, as Tesla tries to cram as many deliveries as possible in at the end of each quarter.

Regarding purchasing insurance, you should be able to arrange quotes based on the sales paperwork you have already. Then, they can issue cover note against the VIN number you give them.

Exemption to Ediot's 1 month suggestion is the last month of the quarter. You might just get it, as Tesla tries to cram as many deliveries as possible in at the end of each quarter.

Regarding purchasing insurance, you should be able to arrange quotes based on the sales paperwork you have already. Then, they can issue cover note against the VIN number you give them.

Many thanks, Mark! Hope you are right. Will get quotation from insurance companies and sign the Orix documents regarding car financing in late February/early March then.

Hi MingMan, seems to be on a similar timescale to you as well. Getting my paperwork with Orix, lady called Peggy who seems quite helpful. As for insurance, i think there's a lady at Prudential (can refer to the insurance chat on this forum) who has been recommended by other members as well.

Hi MingMan, seems to be on a similar timescale to you as well. Getting my paperwork with Orix, lady called Peggy who seems quite helpful. As for insurance, i think there's a lady at Prudential (can refer to the insurance chat on this forum) who has been recommended by other members as well.

I have got approval from Orix on my H-P financing but just not yet sign any documents. Will probably call up the lady at Prudential for an insurance quotation as she was highly recommended by other members.

I ordered mine end of Nov.

I was given delivery time of around Feb or early Mar.

Signed Orix docs, sent in info to register car in early Dec, production started 6 Jan, complete and on its way to HK since 12 Jan.

made final payment this week, the say my proof address needs updating, since I gave them my Nov card statement. so with TD's requirement of a proof of address within 3 months, I assume my car will be ready mid to late Feb-early March.

The DS called me yesterday to say expect delivery after CNY.

Hope this info will help give rough estimates.
Base model 70D no options.

- - - Updated - - -

For insurance I used kwiksure, with 60 NCB they quoted me 55xx
Tesla's official partner (now AXA) 73xx for regular plan, and 12,xxx for extened coverage.
Their old partner Zurich ignored my request for quote, maybe they don;t insure Tesla any more.

What about Prudential?

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla's official partner (now AXA) 73xx for regular plan, and 12,xxx for extened coverage.
Their old partner Zurich ignored my request for quote, maybe they don;t insure Tesla any more.

What about Prudential?

Signed Orix docs, sent in info to register car in early Dec, production started 6 Jan, complete and on its way to HK since 12 Jan.

made final payment this week, the say my proof address needs updating, since I gave them my Nov card statement. so with TD's requirement of a proof of address within 3 months, I assume my car will be ready mid to late Feb-early March.

Thanks for your information. I did not sign on "My Tesla" everyday so did not know exactly when the status changed from "under production queue" to "being built". Assuming that the status of "being built" changed on 18 Jan, which is 12 days from that of yours, and that everything else being the same without unpredictable reasons, my MS should be delivered by late Feb or early March.:smile:

Have you received your wall charger yet? I haven't although I do not need it as the MO of my place has still not allowed installation.

Thanks for your information. I did not sign on "My Tesla" everyday so did not know exactly when the status changed from "under production queue" to "being built". Assuming that the status of "being built" changed on 18 Jan, which is 12 days from that of yours, and that everything else being the same without unpredictable reasons, my MS should be delivered by late Feb or early March.:smile:

Have you received your wall charger yet? I haven't although I do not need it as the MO of my place has still not allowed installation.

My 70D changed to in tranit status on 15 Jan for my order placed in early Dec, not signing any agreement with Orix yet until this month end as i was told by the DS it will valid only for a month. Mine with glass roof, smart supension, next gen seat and color red optioned and AXA quote me 75xx while Kwiksure and Direct Asia quote me 72xx @ 60% NCD. Think i will pretty much goes with AXA in this case.

My expected delivery time is late feb or mar, the Tesla DS didn't ask for any doc for the TD registration yet, is it normal?

- - - Updated - - -

What about Prudential?

- - - Updated - - -

What about Prudential?

What are the excess amounts under kwiksure?

What is the "extended coverage" offered by AXA? Regular plan is kind of steep already.

My 70D was changed to "in transit" on 15 Jan of my order placed in early Dec. Not signing anything with Orix yet as the DS said it will valid for a month only once signed, and i got quoted from AXA with panoramic roof, smart suspension, next gen seat, premium pack and color red optioned at 75xx, while 73xx from Directasia and Kwiksure @ 60% NCD. I will probably goes for AXA in this case. Anyone get a better quote from somewhere?

My expected delivery is late Feb or March, but the DS didn't ask for any doc for TD registration yet, shall this carry out later when the car about to HK but not now?

FWIW, when I ordered my car back in July it said "end November". I got delivery Nov 5 I recall. So, I seem to have lucked out. Production began in early Sept and was in transit only a few days later.

I am not sure how often they have a sailing from California...I think it depends on timing of the vessel vs when your car finishes production.

What are the excess amounts under kwiksure?

What is the "extended coverage" offered by AXA? Regular plan is kind of steep already.

The Kwiksure offered me:
General 6K
Unnamed 5K
Young / inex 7.5k
theft loss 6.2k
The insure at the end is Liberty

AXA extend plan:

1 Paintless Body Repair
Covers repair for scratches and dents due to accidental damage with an excess at HK$500, keeping your Tesla in pristine appearance
2 Tyre & Rim
Protection
Covers repair or replacement of your Tyre & Rim for accidental damage or puncture due to road hazards, with an excess at HK$500
3 Lifestyle Protection
Protection extends to pet care, home contents care, missed performance tickets, home nursing, psychological treatment, in case you are hospitalised due to a car accident
4 Removal of Debris Covers the cost of removing debris resulted in a car accident

Hi MingMan and MS85D! My status changed to "In Production" at the 15th, and still remain the same. How's yours?

Same for me.

MS85D: you said you were on a similar time scale as me, but your status has been changed to "Production Complete", starting when your status was "In Production"? Does 2/3 weeks mean 2 to 3 weeks or two-third of a week; ie., about 4 to 5 days?

unihappytime said his car was in production on 6 Jan but already complete and on its way since 12 Jan. That means his was produced fast.

Have you guys received the wall charger yet? Please keep it even though you are not installing it. Tesla needs you to return it with the car if you opt for Resale Value Guarantee.

I called Cindy of Prudential today. She was really helpful and provided a lot of tips to new MS owner like me. She said Prudential would reimburse the insured 100% for all windows including the pano roof. Good deal for those who run on highway everyday.

Last edited:
i meant 2 to 3 weeks. more like 2 i think as it was 6/7th Jan when it changed to In Production and now its complete.
Yes, Cindy was helpful, also had quotes from Kwiksure and AXA and give or take on the excess , Pru is the cheapest it seems and will go with that.
Orix papers can be signed next week.
No news on the wall charger, but haven't asked actually. Tks for the tips though
Let see how the Transit from factory will take! Will check with DS to see if he has any news as well.

Many thanks, MS85D. Hope mine will be changed to "Complete" early next month, if not end of next week.

unihappytime: thanks too. I just approached her yesterday and she needed me to answer some questions (such as age, driving experience, occupation, whether there has been claims, any deduction on points, the NCD, so on) before she could give me the quote. Since my MS is a 85D and has other options, the car price is higher and so will the premium be (albeit I have 60% NCD). Will let you know upon knowing the quoted amount. Her email is: [email protected].