Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mingman, MS85D, unihappytime my status changed to Production completed this morning. It only takes 5 days in total. I have the pano options, but didn't have the electric life gate, I believe that is the most time-consuming part?

Mingman, MS85D, unihappytime my status changed to Production completed this morning. It only takes 5 days in total. I have the pano options, but didn't have the electric life gate, I believe that is the most time-consuming part?

After reading your message, I logged in My Tesla and found that my status was also changed to "Production Complete Your Model S is in transit from the factory." Likely MS85D, unihappytime, samleemc, and I will have the MS on board the same vessel to HK.

Last edited:
After reading your message, I logged in My Tesla and found that my status was also changed to "Production Complete Your Model S is in transit from the factory." Likely MS85D, unihappytime, samleemc, and I will have the MS on board the same vessel to HK.

Looks like we are batch mates~! Hope to see our cars soon~!

PS I Spoke to Cindy today, it was very nice of her to hep me with the insurance, I am waiting for a quote too.
I should go with her if the quote is reasonable, because she is very helpful and patient with my questions.

I strongly advice anyone to speak with her just to get a quote for reference, alone with a nice chat about the Model S.

yes, seems like we are the same batch here then.

I got a quote from Kwik Sure and e mailed it to Cindy as well...so that was probably used as some kind of reference.

no installation at home, so don't really know but i remember seeing a couple of older forums here where a few members compared prices and shared ideas as well.

yes, seems like we are the same batch here then.

I got a quote from Kwik Sure and e mailed it to Cindy as well...so that was probably used as some kind of reference.

no installation at home, so don't really know but i remember seeing a couple of older forums here where a few members compared prices and shared ideas as well.

thank you for sharing! Then what's your plan for charging?

Sure! Let's see when Ms Carmen going to arrange my pickup then...

Btw, Anyone have any experience with DirectAsia? Their online quote is only $6xxx premium with $5000 excess, which is quite reasonable. Any idea?
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 11.19.42 PM.png

charging..will need to see ...but Plan A is since we sometimes day park in Central, will try and make sure of the govt car parks around the area, and use the SC around HK Island during spare time...queues permitting!

It's hard to do a direct comparisons betw our quotes on the insurance, (driving exp./ name 2nd driver, car value etc..) but overall, i thought Kwik sure and Pru is quite close in terms on the excess, price etc with AXA being a little more expensive. As for Direct Asia, have left details and no one called me back, so that's that.

Sure! Let's see when Ms Carmen going to arrange my pickup then...

Btw, Anyone have any experience with DirectAsia? Their online quote is only $6xxx premium with $5000 excess, which is quite reasonable. Any idea?

If you don't mind, Samleemc, is your MS a 85D? With what options? Any NCD? Looks like Direct Asia' and and Prudential's quotes are comparable but the former's excess is lower. Of course need to know how much your insured value and NCD for the comparison to make sense.

Prudential will cover windows but up to $20K or NCD will be affected.

Last edited:
If you don't mind, Samleemc, is your MS a 85D? With what options? Any NCD? Looks like Direct Asia' and and Prudential's quotes are comparable but the former's excess is lower. Of course need to know how much your insured value and NCD for the comparison to make sense.

Prudential will cover windows but up to $20K or NCD will be affected.

I wish I ordered the 85D, but the quote I uploaded is for 70D NCD60.

If you guys quote around for insurance i would highly recommend Cindy from Prudential ([FONT=arial, sans-serif][email protected]) . This is not an Ad! I do not know her at first and i just surf in this forum to find out her contact which i give up my 20 years insurance partner and buy the tesla insurance with her. [/FONT]

Ms C (My DS) has replied my email with the following information, which I think you guys might as well be interested.
1. Delivery of our car is going to be March 2016.
2. ChaDeMo adaptor is no longer being sale until further notice. I am trying to get the reason why.

Thanks
could it be coz some safety issue?
Think you are having better luck with your DS than mine. I don't get a lot of responses other than the standard ones when documents are due etc...
spoke to a few owners and they say it could be anything betw 4 to 8 weeks from transit to pick up..so seems in line.