Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Success at Marina Del Rey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Model 3!! Here is my experience:
Reservation: First day line waiter on March 31, 2016, reserved around 11AM.
Configuration : Aug23 2018, black LR with Autopilot and full self driving, 18-inch aeros.
Loan : Lightstream unsecured loan for 60 months at 2.39%. Rate beat from credit union. Chose "Cash" on Tesla order.
Delivery Advisor : Called on Aug28 from 702 number, said car is ready now for pickup.
Delivery : Aug31 in Marina Del Rey. VIN is 53xxx and build date is July 2018. Car had 4 miles total on the odometer.

My experience at Marina Del Rey was fine, I was there for about an hour. Fun to hang around in the Model S and Model X while waiting. Appointment started only 10 mins late. The Tesla employee tried to get me to sign docs without seeing the car, I refused twice. Car looked great on inspection, no panel gap issues but black paint had swirl marks and I found a minor tiny scratch on front hood. I'm not that much into looks so I didn't really care. They sent it to detailing to fix it while I signed the docs and then talked to the solar panel advisor. Closing the frunk is difficult and takes multiple tries, I'm worried I'm going to bend it since it's so thin. Luckily the rear trunk is much more solid. I got a red die-cast Model 3 in the center console storage! Surprisingly the hood scratch was completely gone and looked perfect when it came back from detailing 15 minutes later.

I went on a weekday on purpose so it would be less rushed, and there were only a few people taking delivery while I was there. But my overall feeling is that the Tesla employee would show me whatever I asked for on how the car worked if needed, but he didn't offer much guidance unless I asked and his overall goal was to get me out of there so he can move to the next customer. My advice: Watch a bunch of Youtube videos on how to operate the Model 3 because you aren't going to learn much at the delivery. I asked for a copy of signed documents during delivery, but the Tesla employee said he will email me the next day about it. Sure enough he did, and I got the signed docs in PDF format.

My experience with Model 3 has been great. No problems with ordering or delivery or driving it for the past few days or charging it, except the ride is rougher than I thought, I'll start a thread in another section of the forum about that.

In summary : Don't worry so much about a problem with delivery or quality unless it actually happens to you.
20180831_172734-crop.jpg