Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Success Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of the winter storms, delivery of my M3 has been delayed until next week. I’ve been driving myself nuts reading the horror stories about problems with major flaws discovered by owners upon delivery of their Tesla.

So for my own sanity, I thought I’d turn to the Tesla community for support and ask this question:

Who has had a great delivery of their Tesla? Car looked great, no meaningful imperfections? If so, I would love to hear from you, and compile a bunch of these success stories into this thread for the mental benefit of all current and future pending owners awaiting their own delivery.

Who has a nice, reassuring delivery story?

At the end of 2018, I wanted to take advantage of the tax break. So, I chose a car from inventory rather than using my reservation. I went from a call from Tesla for a test drive on Dec 10, to a take home test drive on the weekend from Dec 15-17, to quickly procuring MVPA and loan starting Dec 19, and to end receiving Model 3 on Dec 22: a day before flying to see family for holidays. (Also test drove a Volvo somewhere in there).

It was busy to say the least. I spent more time waiting for the paperwork to be processed and the car to be prepared than walking around checking everything. The only problem I had Tesla address a few weeks later was to adjust the striker plate on the rear passenger door; took too much force to close, and would need to be lighter because it is the door my daughter uses.
IMG_20181222_105647309~2.jpg

Over 2 years later, I can't find any major problems when washing the road salt off the car this morning.
PXL_20210213_172246731~2.jpg

I had a relatively good experience. Went to pick up at factory Jan 6th. Was a little lost since there was no one to greet or welcome you, I guess due to Covid. Walked around the lot looking for something matching my build...inspected it...oops wrong car vin didnt match...walked around some more and finally found my car.
Per advice on here I went there mentally prepared the reject the car. To my surprise the car was great outside (maybe only the right tail light is not perfect)...nothing worse than my BMW honestly. I wanted to see inside but the delivery center did not allow me to open the car before accepting. I called my SA, He was able to remotely unlock the car for me and let me inspect the interior. Again, nothing wrong (other than not perfectly clean) so I decided to accept the car. The screen did need a hard reset on my first drive for some reason.

Overall the delivery experience was meh, more akin to a best buy curb side pick up than a traditional car delivery. But the part that matters was that the car was in great condition. I did also have to get the door striker corrected on the drivers side via mobile service (took a week).

Good luck! Its worth the wait! (Although my wait was only 2 weeks lol)

Attachments

• C4B5BBDD-95D3-425D-9B96-29401C21B97A.jpeg
    C4B5BBDD-95D3-425D-9B96-29401C21B97A.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 148
  • A463BB58-F5E3-43F3-88D3-C91FEE94049E.jpeg
    A463BB58-F5E3-43F3-88D3-C91FEE94049E.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 2E8E937A-DC65-4756-B7D5-66B44FA5BEF8.jpeg
    2E8E937A-DC65-4756-B7D5-66B44FA5BEF8.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 137
Took delivery in December at Springfield, NJ on my birthday for my SR+. Staff was helpful, friendly, and actually seemed excited to see my car getting delivered. Paint was good and car was cleaned with minimal swirling, no panel mis-alignments, or anything noticeably bad from the factory. A bird left a fresh poop right on my windshield and they quickly cleaned it up after I asked them to before driving away.

The only 'issue' was that my car was only charged to like 70% for delivery, which I kind of expected to have at least 80-90%, but I was only driving like 15 miles home anyway. Not sure if this is the norm or what, but it wasn't anything to complain about IMO.

I haven't discovered anything in the 2+ months since I've had it that I missed on delivery day, so great success! Hope yours goes smoothly and looks great too!

My delivery appt was originally scheduled for today. On 2/20 I got a txt that it was being moved to 2/27. Probably from all the midwest weather. I was txting my SA yesterday and he mentioned that it was off the train at their depot in Alabama and on to a truck headed for Raleigh. On a whim I txted him this morning about 11:30am and asked if the truck had made it because I was tired of ordering accessories on Amazon. He txted back about 12:30pm and said "Can you talk?" I called him immediately. He said that the car arrived this morning and he can ask the service manager if they can give it an inspection (for NC) and prep it. "Would 5pm be ok?" I said, "absolutely, I'll look for you at 5". His response: "Don't bother, I'm off today but I know how bad you wanted the car. You're all set."
Rolled in at 5:10pm (traffic) and looked it over.
No odd gaps
no uneven trim
no paint issues anywhere
all doors and trunks closed perfectly
no manufacturing issues of any kind
and it has the heated steering wheel.

Drove 81 miles tonight in it and loved every minute of it. For those waiting, it is worth the wait, I promise.

Best driving experience in my 50 years.

Living in Oklahoma City, our closest delivery center was Kansas City, MO. I was apparently one of the last to be able to use the "free" Tesla home delivery on "my" 2021 Red LR AWD back on Dec 17, 2020. So when my wife ordered "her" 2021 Blue LR AWD we laughed at the $750 deliver fee and took a rental car to pick it up yesterday (2-25-21).

The Kansas City Tesla folks did a very good job getting mine ready so I had no bad expectations on my wife's car. I was a little concerned how the physical process would work as I'd not read much on this site that was at non left or right coast deliveries. They sent a text and email two days ahead of the appointment to confirm that we were still coming. Then the day before, they sent a text with a lot of the process and steps for delivery, but not all. Then we also received a very long email from the delivery center explaining everything in detail which answered any question you'd have plus the included pics of the location where the car would be parked. This location has numbered spaces near the front door for deliveries which is where the car was.

The service center opens at 8am and the sales/delivery group starts at 10am. Having a 10am appt we arrived early thinking the car would be outside and I could inspect it early. It wasn't outside yet so we watched all the people delivering and picking up their cars for service. It was a good show.

One of the sales guys was there early and seeing us sitting in the car came out and asked if he could help. Once he knew we were picking up, he started the process early. We had the car inspected, docs signed, driver profiles customized and on the road by our 10am pickup time. I was very impressed with this location. They had just finished charging the the car to 100%. So even though it was 40° with 10mph winds, we only needed one charge at Wichita, KS to make the 350 mile, 5 hour trip back home to OKC. I used Autopilot with autosteer all the way (no FSD). Very nice relaxing trip home.

PS, the car is FLAWLESS. No issues anywhere just like mine was. These are dialed in.

20210224_150131.jpg

Some of the 100 cars on the lot.

20210224_150357.jpg

@hemikat

Got mine today and nothing wrong that I noticed. The delivery guy was great, the showroom rep remembered me from my test drive months ago. It all went very smoothly.

OTOH, it was raining and traffic was a nightmare so I couldn't really get it going once I drove off.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Ordered M3 SR+ white on white, on 1/11 and picked up yesterday 3/1. Original estimate was 3/1 - 3/27.
I am so happy with the car, it was a rare time when the buildup was actually worth the payoff, no disappointments here!
Other than being anxious for 2 months while waiting and wondering when I would get my vehicle, the process was so easy and generally straight forward. I was lucky to have an SA that was communicative and courteous. Delivery had a 1 day delay which was not a big deal.
My advice to people waiting; try not to overthink the process.

Attachments

• IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 98
The Polar Vortex moved my delivery day back one day. I went to KC and my car was out front. I inspected it and picked Take Delivery on the app and followed the instructions left in the car for me. I was supposed to get the car at 11:30AM but they had it ready for me at 9:30AM. I was on the road home before 10:00. I didn't have to talk to anyone, but I did anyway because it felt weird just driving off and leaving paperwork in the mail slot. I bought a Key Fob while I was there and they just put it on my account. Never had a car purchase go this smooth--excluding the 5 week waiting period which left me so anxious to get this car. It was worth the wait and everything looks great on it. No noise on the highway and Autopilot was spectacular. Picture at home with the new style center caps and a pic of her first supercharge. I didn't have to charge it but I wanted to

Attachments

• m3home.jpg
    m3home.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 95
  • m3joplin.jpg
    m3joplin.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 94
The Polar Vortex moved my delivery day back one day. I went to KC and my car was out front. I inspected it and picked Take Delivery on the app and followed the instructions left in the car for me. I was supposed to get the car at 11:30AM but they had it ready for me at 9:30AM. I was on the road home before 10:00. I didn't have to talk to anyone, but I did anyway because it felt weird just driving off and leaving paperwork in the mail slot. I bought a Key Fob while I was there and they just put it on my account. Never had a car purchase go this smooth--excluding the 5 week waiting period which left me so anxious to get this car. It was worth the wait and everything looks great on it. No noise on the highway and Autopilot was spectacular. Picture at home with the new style center caps and a pic of her first supercharge. I didn't have to charge it but I wanted to

Looks awesome! Your photos show the Aero wheel covers at the supercharger, but at home it looks like took the Aero covers off and instead put on the aero wheel caps kit. Looks much sharper than i imagined! Which version Model 3 did you get? Are those 18 inch wheels?

Looks awesome! Your photos show the Aero wheel covers at the supercharger, but at home it looks like took the Aero covers off and instead put on the aero wheel caps kit. Looks much sharper than i imagined! Which version Model 3 did you get? Are those 18 inch wheels?

Its a long range AWD with 18" wheels. I was going to buy a new set and use this set for longer roadtrips/spare. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about wheels now. I like the look of these for now. I just plan on enjoying the car for a while and making a few short trips to neighboring states.

So I picked up my long range model 3 last week and I have been meaning to make this post. I can not be more happy with my purchase, sure there are a few things that Tesla is going to fix for me (2 door striker need a slight alignment and the trunk needs and alignment) but I kinda expected it. The moment I saw my car it’s like I completely forgotten the agonizing 3 month wait prior to the day. I had also forgotten any of the info I had been cramming into my head trying to prepare for delivery lol those hours of watching videos was gone in seconds due to the excitement lmao
0BE12557-4B5D-4889-BFBC-3F5CB836CF87.jpeg
4832FD99-4E28-485B-8089-3F404785AAEE.jpeg
6C90C912-365F-4FC1-B46F-CA27E61F7FC7.jpeg
A84BC964-EDC1-455A-B2CD-060D7CF3DEF7.jpeg
91BA1FDF-EADA-478C-893E-169D06F34D4C.jpeg