Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Success Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m completely satisfied with my M3P I picked up on March 20th. I’ve never driven a Tesla before. I’m blown away and more.

Attachments

• 3FDD7112-9395-4B19-8CBE-4F3C7C410FB4.jpeg
    3FDD7112-9395-4B19-8CBE-4F3C7C410FB4.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 74
  • A803CF5A-3E9B-4310-BCC0-17C8635FF7AD.jpeg
    A803CF5A-3E9B-4310-BCC0-17C8635FF7AD.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 61BB044D-E8F4-4E8E-B42B-708E2806475B.jpeg
    61BB044D-E8F4-4E8E-B42B-708E2806475B.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 52
  • FE2BA9C0-36C4-44DD-A875-75146DB0CBD5.jpeg
    FE2BA9C0-36C4-44DD-A875-75146DB0CBD5.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 70
OP here. I should have reported back sooner... I’ve been so busy having a blast with my new Tesla that I forgot to come back here!

To all you new buyers who are in waiting-for-delivery purgatory... fear not! I am thrilled to report that my delivery was essentially perfect. On delivery day, we were having relentless rain showers. Very frustrating trying to do a walk around the car to inspect fit and finish. It’s difficult to evaluate paint perfection during an ongoing rain shower. But to the best of my amateur inspection, everything looked perfect. The car drives like a dream.

I had a single instance of condensation in one of the B pillars which briefly obstructed the camera, but that dried up and has not reoccurred, despite several subsequent car washings and rain showers. I have actually been quite surprised that I still have not discovered a single imperfection in the car! Just yesterday I noticed that there is one corner of the rear trunk where the rubber gasket did not perfectly overlay the felt lining the way it should. I was easily able to pop the felt under the rubber lip of the gasket and the way it was meant to be, and although there is a small 1/2 inch wrinkle in that area, it is absolutely not worth taking into the service center and having them rip the whole thing out. I am only reporting a half inch wrinkle to emphasize the fact that this is how meticulous I’ve been about looking for flaws. There just aren’t any. I’ve had the car for several weeks now.

The driving experience of a Tesla is simply unlike any other. My previous car is a Mercedes E class, which is an outstanding vehicle, but when I get in it now, I can almost feel a let down as I drive. It’s just so conventional. :) The Tesla is so smooth and powerful, I can’t compare it to anything else. My favorite part has been taking friends and family out for a drive and hearing the startled peals of laughter when I floor the accelerator. There’s nothing like it.

Anyway, for future Tesla delivery-waiters, if you find this post, please be assured... there are legions of us who are elated with our experience!

If my delivery were a novel, it would be fairly boring. Everything went very smooth. Ordered it one Sunday and picked it up the very next - 7 days later. Everything was how it was expected to be - no major flaws or issues. The center where I picked it up was quite helpful in the process. Complete satisfaction with the car so far. The only issues I have are because of my own incompetence of figuring out the tech! But stopping by these boards or Googling something or looking it up in the owner's manual gets my answer every time. I just wish it had a built-in espresso maker and then I'd give it a perfect 100 score.

We picked up or M3 LR on 9/26/20. It was a Saturday and the Tesla dealership was very crowded. We had never been there before and we weren't sure where to go but a Tesla employee walked up to us within a minute or two and asked if we were there to pick up a car. We said yes, and he walked us to a counter where we gave another Tesla worker our name. Within a minute or two another employee walked us to our car. He told us to take our time looking it over and told us to look very carefully for any defects in the fit of panels and the quality of the paint. I spent about 20 minutes looking it over both inside and out. I found two small white "scratches" near the bottom of the front right door. I mentioned them to the sales rep and he brought out a buffer and buffed them out. They were just steaks of left over wax. Inside, the car was perfect. Then, we signed the paperwork, handed over the check (That was the hardest part of the whole experience), and we were ready to go. The car had been charged to 80% but because I was new to the car and the drive home was 107 miles, I asked if we could charge it to 100%. No problem. About 20 minutes later we were on our way home. I've never had as pleasant an experience picking up a new car.

Reactions: TBrownTX