Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Text !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a delivery appointment txt for Wed 20th Nov in Edinburgh
I got the VIN allocated when GRAND DAHLIA was in the Panama Canal.
Surprised that it would take until 20th to get to Edinburgh so don’t think I will book my flight and ferry just yet.
My existing car insurance expires on 15th so hope it moves forward.
The lease company info originally had a delivery date of 6th Nov then moved to 11th Nov.

mmca22gr good news on the delivery date. I ordered the same spec as you on 17th Oct and have an estimated delivery date (from leasing company) of 22nd Nov - I think thats not likely now! So how long was your wait in the end?

mmca22gr good news on the delivery date. I ordered the same spec as you on 17th Oct and have an estimated delivery date (from leasing company) of 22nd Nov - I think thats not likely now! So how long was your wait in the end?
I ordered mid Aug
Got a SC VIN allocated when Grand Dahlias was in Panama Canal
At that time the lease company indicated 6th Nov delivery which then slipped to 11th Nov and they also told me my reg number
I then got a delivery txt from Tesla offering 20th Nov which I accepted. Tesla also txted me my reg number hen I asked for it.
I think luck plays a very big part of it. I ordered white as it was free and I think that basically pushed me to the Grand Dahlia rather than an earlier vessel.
I have now booked my flights and ferry (flexi fare) so hope all goes well with delivery.

I ordered mid Aug
Got a SC VIN allocated when Grand Dahlias was in Panama Canal
At that time the lease company indicated 6th Nov delivery which then slipped to 11th Nov and they also told me my reg number
I then got a delivery txt from Tesla offering 20th Nov which I accepted. Tesla also txted me my reg number hen I asked for it.
I think luck plays a very big part of it. I ordered white as it was free and I think that basically pushed me to the Grand Dahlia rather than an earlier vessel.
I have now booked my flights and ferry (flexi fare) so hope all goes well with delivery.
Hope it goes well. If you don’t mind let me know how it goes in the end as I’m following the same journey as you.

Sorry if this has been covered else where, however for all you lucky people who are now at the end of the process what exactly is the sequence of events supposed to be? I’ve placed an order 2 weeks ago. Car is showing in my Tesla account with a reservation number. However I’ve no vin assigned at this stage, no other details on the web page under manage it just says we have received your purchase order and will be in touch to arrange delivery. Just curious as to when to expect updates and what stages it goes through. Thanks in advance.

Thats pretty much it. Stayed like that even for a brief time after collecting.

Basically Tesla do not make cars to order, they make what they think people want. So when they build a batch of cars that match your spec, they will match the cars to the customers using some criteria only known to Tesla and liable to change. So you will not hear anything until you get allocated a car and that car gets close to UK. There is then a variable lead time ranging from a few days to a few weeks.

However, do a search for 'source code' and you nay get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. But its a rollercoaster ride and some have been known not to get off at the end...

Well, I’ve been trying to do it all nicey nicey, but I can see it getting nasty before too long...

Ditto. May 1st order and email to confirm referral but yet to take delivery so we’ll see what happens next week.

I have given up hope of getting my referral added now. I have lost two ways, first my broker made a mistake while placing a lease order and said that it needs to be done later , and you can do it through your Tesla account once you get it activated. Turns out, he could not have been more wrong. Tesla flat out refuse to add a referral now. Talked to an actual person in Milton Keynes showroom as well.
Secondly my mate seeing me and after few discussion also have decided to buy M3, however through office car scheme. In his office the broker say that they cannot put referral. i know its BS but cant push on that regards as well. And it was a genuine hard referral where in he would have gone for a different car couple of months back.

Reactions: Roy W.
Yes
And BelfastEV is ahead of me by a few days I think.

Hi mmca22gr

Glad ur sorted , did u ever ask the Q why it’s taking so long to get cars from Southampton to Edinburgh !? Tesla basically indicated what happened end of last quarter was just crazy and they want orderly collections on a rolling basis.

I ordered mid July , had a deposit down well before that but was slow to configure car as didn’t want black but didn’t want to pay for red white or blue... also I ordered Sr+ white so have waited longer than people paying for dearer versions.

Anyway now have a slot given for Fri 15th which doesn’t suit as I’m on holiday 9th-16th so I’ll be flying to Edinburgh the day after I get back and collecting on 17th.

Ferry booked (flexi) and £40 flight booked. Need to ring Tesla to get the Reg as will help finalise (expensive!) insurance quotes - Churchill the cheapest at mo. Or is it really dear ? I’m being quoted £400 more than currently but I currently drive a 2013 Golf...

I’ll let everyone know how it goes. As i said because I’m on holiday I need to think about making payment and ideally getting some things sorted next week.

As for multiple accessories I had them all bought back in July and August !!!

I’ve got a delivery date for the 11th Nov from Birmingham confirmed by text. Can anyone please provide me the number that i need to call to find out my reg?

I'm collecting from Stockport on the 7th and received an email yesterday with the allocated reg and some details on the delivery. I think this is a new procedure they are trying out as those who had deliveries up to the end of Q3 were only getting registration details texted to them 24 hours prior to their appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: tsh2
Out of interest, here are the highlights from the email...

Congratulations on ordering your Model 3! I have tried contacting you to discuss any questions you may have at this stage, however, I have provided all the information below:

I can confirm your appointment:
Collection- You have selected to collect from our Manchester Service Centre (396 Wellington Road North, Stockport, SK4 5AD) Parking on site is very limted. Unless you are trading in, please park on local streets or try to be dropped off.

Delivery Time - We are able to book you in for the 7/11 and have booked you in for our 11:00 am appointment. If you cannot make this date, we will have to look at offering this to another customer, email me back directly.

My Tesla - Thank you for uploading the necessary documents.

Payment/Finance - Your final deposit payment will need to be made ahead of the collection. I have provided the bank details below to make the transfer closer to the time. We only accept payment via bank transfer.
<snip>
Amount Due: <snip> GBP

Registration - Your plates will be allocated to ML69<snip>

Insurance - We do not offer any drive away cover so it's important this is arranged ahead of delivery. Please see the link below to our Recommended insurer. Insure My Tesla - Motor Vehicle Insurance

Charging - Please visit our Charging page for further information on how to set up your home charger Home Charging Installation

Your handover will be 10 minutes. Before collection, I find these videos really get you set up for collection, showing the main controls of the Model 3: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEox0nUMFPF7ZaNZvUa8h65wEBSGtUgmw

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

• Informative
Reactions: MelT3
I’ve got a delivery date for the 11th Nov from Birmingham confirmed by text. Can anyone please provide me the number that i need to call to find out my reg?
I replied to the text and asked for my Reg Number - they gave the same one that my lease broker gave me.
I txted them on Sat 26th saying I needed the reg number for booking the ferry and they replied on Mon 28th morning - my planned collection date is 20th Nov so reg number supplied 3 weeks before collection. Lets hope it does not change as insurance all set up etc

Reactions: -DB-