Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Text !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my text today for 13th Nov in Birmingham. The only date I cant make in the whole of November! Has anyone had to reschedule? If so did you speak to someone or reply via text? What was the difference between the old and new date?

FYI - Ordered a SR+ through Octopus on 27th August. Still no invoice or VIN though..

I’ve also just received a pickup text, 6th Nov at Heathrow!
Feel a bit of a fraud since I only ordered around 20th sept via Leaseplan. However Leaseplan said Tesla would allocate a delivery centre closest to me and Heathrow is about the furthest it could be from me. Nearly 300 mile trip + it’s going to cost me hundred to get there. Is it possible to change pickup locations without losing the car?

The Edinburgh people posting earlier. I delayed my date by a couple of days because I’m on holiday. Unless YOU make a small adjustment the time they give you is the rock solid date you’ll be collecting . I asked them this as I said do u have the full confidence in delivery date and time as I’m booking flights . They said barring a delivery truck breakdown (has happened once they said) you will have ur car on your date and time. Seeing as the cars are nearly off the coast of Ireland this evening mid Nov seems a long time to wait. I wonder has this shipment been a Brexit play and will it be a bottleNeck charging the cars at Southampton so it’s a slow but orderly delivery of cars spread out over two weeks. Apparently this end of quarter rush will not happen again as caused too many problems. They are front loading the foreign cars and will make a push of deliveries closer to home at the end of a quarter. Basis what I heard I’m booking my flight and a flexible ferry fare.

• Informative
Reactions: anon37485
Feel a bit of a fraud since I only ordered around 20th sept via Leaseplan. However Leaseplan said Tesla would allocate a delivery centre closest to me and Heathrow is about the furthest it could be from me. Nearly 300 mile trip + it’s going to cost me hundred to get there. Is it possible to change pickup locations without losing the car?
Always worth a try, but when I raised it they said it wasn’t possible to collect from another location.

I had exactly the same response as you when I rang up LeasePlan, in fact the lady I talked to even had the audacity to say that it had to be Heathrow as that was the garage 'doing the deal' on the car!! I am based in Newcastle so the thought of this trip was a nightmare to say the least. Anyway so I dropped an email to [email protected] asking them to change the pick up location to Leeds. They never responded but did actually make the change. So indeed it can be done, I would just bypass LeasePlan altogether as they will not offer any help on this.

Won't take you 60 minutes to go over the car. Check it over outside, same inside, check cables are in the car, set up seat - drive off.

I'm fussy but only took me 15 minutes to go over the car. There was 5 of us collecting and we just looked over each others cars as well.
Not a bad idea giev your own 10 15 then give everyone else 5 min for the things they could have missed

The Edinburgh people posting earlier. I delayed my date by a couple of days because I’m on holiday. Unless YOU make a small adjustment the time they give you is the rock solid date you’ll be collecting . I asked them this as I said do u have the full confidence in delivery date and time as I’m booking flights . They said barring a delivery truck breakdown (has happened once they said) you will have ur car on your date and time. Seeing as the cars are nearly off the coast of Ireland this evening mid Nov seems a long time to wait. I wonder has this shipment been a Brexit play and will it be a bottleNeck charging the cars at Southampton so it’s a slow but orderly delivery of cars spread out over two weeks. Apparently this end of quarter rush will not happen again as caused too many problems. They are front loading the foreign cars and will make a push of deliveries closer to home at the end of a quarter. Basis what I heard I’m booking my flight and a flexible ferry fare.

I am not booking my flight or ferry just yet
I have a delivery date on the Tesla page of 20th November - I find it hard to believe it will take 3 weeks to get the car ready for delivery in Edinburgh.
My lease company originally had 6th Nov which as revised to 11th Nov - it certainly could change again to 20th Nov but I live in hope.

I emailed deliverygb, phoned Tesla direct and contacted Leaseplan. Managed to get my collection swapped from Heathrow on 6th to Birmingham on same date.

What’s the deal on supercharging on collection day? I seem to remember reading it was free? Is that just one charge or any supercharge on collection day?

I emailed deliverygb, phoned Tesla direct and contacted Leaseplan. Managed to get my collection swapped from Heathrow on 6th to Birmingham on same date.

What’s the deal on supercharging on collection day? I seem to remember reading it was free? Is that just one charge or any supercharge on collection day?

Your buying a £40k+ car!

A few bucks on charging ain’t going to make a difference!

I had exactly the same response as you when I rang up LeasePlan, in fact the lady I talked to even had the audacity to say that it had to be Heathrow as that was the garage 'doing the deal' on the car!! I am based in Newcastle so the thought of this trip was a nightmare to say the least. Anyway so I dropped an email to [email protected] asking them to change the pick up location to Leeds. They never responded but did actually make the change. So indeed it can be done, I would just bypass LeasePlan altogether as they will not offer any help on this.

haha tesla and an email response is like getting Scrooge to pay for the homeless shelter to eat our at McDonald’s, not going to happen.

glad they made the change though as they never responded to me 2 months later.

im not buying, I’m leasing and usually lease cars get delivered. In this case it isn’t and it’s not exactly on my doorstep either, it’s a 4 hour drive home which is also eating into my 12k mileage allowance. It does make a difference

I was referring to free supercharging not the location of your pickup, its going to be less than £20 for a full charge of the car assuming you don't have free supercharging credits, presume that they will charge to about 50% but don't expect free supercharging.

Lots of people have had free supercharging on their day of pickup. Whether this is a generous gesture on Tesla’s part, or just them being tardy is removing your car from their “fleet”, I don’t know. Let’s be equally generous and say it’s on purpose. However, I don’t think there’s been any official word on this, so certainly don’t rely on it being free!

On a related note I’m still trying to get my free referral supercharger miles applied to my account, ten weeks and counting now :(

On a related note I’m still trying to get my free referral supercharger miles applied to my account, ten weeks and counting now :(
When I ordered my Model 3 I forgot to first click on the referral link I was planning to use (it was an inventory car and I got excited when it popped up), and emailed Tesla asking them to add it and they flat out refused saying something like "we have to be very strict on this". Weird.

When I ordered my Model 3 I forgot to first click on the referral link I was planning to use (it was an inventory car and I got excited when it popped up), and emailed Tesla asking them to add it and they flat out refused saying something like "we have to be very strict on this". Weird.
For me it’s a matter of principle more than anything.

I definitely did click on the link, and it confirmed I’d get 5000 miles as per the May offer.

For some reason it did not work, so neither I nor the referrer have got any miles.

I feel that I’m being penalised for a failing on the part of Tesla’s systems, which seem a bit flaky at the best of times.

For me it’s a matter of principle more than anything.

I definitely did click on the link, and it confirmed I’d get 5000 miles as per the May offer.

For some reason it did not work, so neither I nor the referrer have got any miles.

I feel that I’m being penalised for a failing on the part of Tesla’s systems, which seem a bit flaky at the best of times.

send them a letter that you will take legal action to recover the costs for 5000 miles of charge, quite sure you’ll get a response then!

Reactions: Roy W.