Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery time and being lied on.....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Guys Kinda new here but really psyched to be getting my new Model Y LR! But I just had an interesting episode happen to me yesterday and it goes the following. I already received the Delivery Text message to schedule pickup for Nov. 29th which will take place in the Dania Beach, FL delivery center. I happen to call yesterday to the delivery center and some guy picked up and starts telling me that the call was recorded (and I'm like ok guess this is normal) because every time I call they never say that but w.e. And I ask if he knew by any chance if the car arrived because a few days earlier it was still showing it was on the train for Freemont, CA to Birmingham, AL and from there a truck would need to pick it up and bring it down to FL. He goes on to tell me that the car arrived that Friday morning and that my scheduled pickup time was still set on the Nov 29th and that I had to call my SA at the Aventura Location and try to see if they can change the date so I can pick it up earlier. I ended up trying to call the SA (This dude hardly picks up the phone) no Answer I then call the store and speak to the Store Manager and on the phone, he thought I was crazy what I told him and started to tell me he was going to ping the location of the vehicle because on his system still showed the car was in transit. He then told me he wasn't getting an actual Live ping from the vehicle (Which I don't really believe they can see) so he was going to email me if he found out some new info. He emails me back saying that after double-checking he can confirm the vehicle is not on-site and that it's still in transit with an ETA of Arrival of Nov. 26th. I really believe there is a lot of BS behind this bc it can't I feel like I'm being lied to by the Store or they really don't have anything updated. Also, I tried calling back the delivery center and they don't want to speak to me and they said I have to deal with the SA who's working on my case I really don't know what to do. I feel like the car is here and it looks like they don't want to tell me the truth they are booked up until that date and trust me I can actually use it now because I really need a car and spent a lot of money just to get it. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. LMK Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: Ralbright
A car “dealer” said something that is possibly not true? Say it isn’t so!!!

Tesla is growing so fast that there are still many hiccups in the system. They also have more buyers than vehicles and like everyone else has an exhausted workforce from a F’d up year. If you want the Y, have some patience. Unfortunately you can’t get immediate gratification.

Yes it is frustrating but hang in there!

I believe that Tesla wants to deliver your car to you just as much as you want to take delivery. There are a lot of moving parts to getting this done.
A common issue is customers constantly checking on all those details. They want to get their cars earlier if possible and get all their pickup plans done in advance. Seems like the more information they get, the more confusing it can seem. An eager customer can often make things worse, expecially if getting different information from different employees with different access to information.

Smoothest plan is to simply wait until you get your notice that you car is at the delivery point, has been checked out and is ready for delivery.

Reactions: bpjones
So little update I actually went in person to the Delivery center today and spoke to one of the advisors there (Super nice guy) And it just seems there was a miscommunication in the information that I was given and the fact is that the vehicle is in Birmingham, AL waiting for a truck to pick it up and bring down here. The Advisor just explained to me that sometimes the system can't always give them the exact info but he said it would be ok for me to reach out sometime this week and assured me if it did come earlier than what was expected would personally push it to be inspected and delivered the same day. At the end of the day, I need a chill pill lol. Btw the comments are hilarious

Reactions: Wshowell
Be assured that the Tesla Service Center / Delivery Center wants you to take delivery of your Tesla vehicle as soon as possible once your vehicle has arrived at the center. Tesla probably has limited parking space and new vehicle shipments are arriving regularly.

I recall speaking with my delivery advisor and they laughed when I suggested that the delivery team did not need much time to prepare the vehicle for the customer, just enough time to check that the wheels were not going to fall off when the customer drove away; they did not disagree.

Tesla probably has limited parking space and new vehicle shipments are arriving regularly.
The one here in Nashville has resorted to parking new vehicles waiting to be inspected and delivered into an empty section of parking lot in front of what was once Toys R US (and now an electronic express that see even less traffic) about a half mile away from the SC. You can tell they are waiting for delivery because they still have all the stickers and protective coverings on things like chrome handles for transport.