Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, ordered my MY on June 30th, did all the paperwork, payment info, etc that week as well. Still haven't been assigned a VIN but it seems like many other here have been within 4 weeks? How long did it take for you to get a VIN?
My specs:
Long range AWD, black, white interior, tow hitch, FSD, taking delivery in Philly.

Hey all, ordered my MY on June 30th, did all the paperwork, payment info, etc that week as well. Still haven't been assigned a VIN but it seems like many other here have been within 4 weeks? How long did it take for you to get a VIN?
My specs:
Long range AWD, black, white interior, tow hitch, FSD, taking delivery in Philly.

There is no rhyme or reason to how a VIN is assigned. I ordered first week of feb and did not get a VIN until 7/17. Over 160 days before I was assigned a VIN. Still waiting on delivery which has been pushed back twice.

Others have placed orders and taken delivery within weeks. In other words it’s a total crap shoot as to when you will get a VIN

I ordered a white / white PUP on July 14th and have not received a VIN. Yesterday, I decided to change to Red. I asked the sales rep who made the change for me if that would put me at the back of the line and he said no. He said they make them in color batches and white is the most popular color so if I change to red, I will probably get it sooner as there is less demand for those.

My specs:
I ordered 7/13 and VIN was assigned 7/17

LR AWD MSM/black 20 inch wheels - in Texas

Still haven't been assigned a VIN.

Yeah, it's not visible to us, as to where the car is, whether it's made yet, what the VIN series is, where it's located. I just recommend you be patient and you'll be contacted. I ordered a MY LR AWD on June 29, and I'm picking it up on Wednesday, Jul 29. Originally it was Jul 22. So exactly a month...where the site said 4-8 weeks to delivery, so right on the money. I'm doing my best to not mistake excitement and lack of patience for frustration at Tesla.

I ordered Sept 2019 and just got my VIN today. I actually got the text Wednesday about scheduling delivery and that date is for Aug 3rd. White/White Performance in Chicago.

I think location, build, and options all play a part in when you will get the delivery text. The good thing is they seem to be pumping out white interiors lately, so maybe you will get it sooner than later. Fingers crossed!

I placed my order on 7/24
I received a text that I had a VIN assigned yesterday 7/27 :eek:

BUT... I decided to change my configuration and get the color I actually wanted.

Originally ordered white, changed to blue. It's only 1,000 bucks! haha!

Here's to hoping it's that quick again!

Ordered 7/21, vin assigned 7/22 for one already in transit. It was originally someone who changed their configuration bc of the price drop and I was told it’ll be in 7/29. It showed up 7/23 and I was expected to pickup by 7/25 or it would be released to another client. They wouldn’t hold it until this week for me, so now I’ve been told it will be a new build from the factory, expected 4-8 weeks.