TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery timelines

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SteveGrey, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SteveGrey

SteveGrey Member

hello all,

I ordered my S and X about 2 months ago with the delivery date of 21 July due to a move. After numerous back and forths on other issues, finally got everything straightened out with production. The X is ready for delivery in DC on the desired date.

Now, however, the S completed production last week, but the service center says they cannot get the car shipped to them until 28 July with a 2 August delivery. I don't see how it can take 20 days to get the car from CA to D.C.? Anyone else have a similar situation? The whole production timeline was set up based on a 21 July delivery date because of my move. It seems reasonable to me to get the car shipped and delivered within 15 days to make the required delivery, but don't have a whole lot of experience on transcontinental auto shipments.

Anyone know of any ways to speed things up? Not sure if they are waiting for a full rail car or what?