Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

PlusMarsEV

My Other EV is On Mars
Dec 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Another data point: Ordered MY LR mid-July. Original EDD mid-Sept. Got notification to take delivery on Oct 18. Delivery date options are Oct 22-25 (Los Angeles, CA).

BTW, spoke to SC on flexibility of taking delivery and was told either now or wait another possible 2-4+ months. And have to do home delivery, cannot pick up at SC.

Another data point: Ordered MY LR mid-July. Original EDD mid-Sept. Got notification to take delivery on Oct 18. Delivery date options are Oct 22-25 (Los Angeles, CA).

BTW, spoke to SC on flexibility of taking delivery and was told either now or wait another possible 2-4+ months. And have to do home delivery, cannot pick up at SC.
Nice! May I ask, what was your color combo? And what was your EDD prior to getting a VIN?

MYBayArea

Oct 20, 2021
Bay Area
Ordered in Bay Area MY LR White Exterior, Black interior no FSD no TOW . OD = 07/13
Multiple times in delivery window . Now it is Oct 20 to Oct 30.

NO VIN yet :) Anyone else on same situation.
I actually complete my profile same day of order 07/13.

I got a call from Tesla on 22nd Sept that they may ship car by 30th Sep and I was excited. My EDD moved to 09/28 to 09/30. But never received VIN and the car :(

Later one just being in window and getting pushed out.

Today I spoke to customer care and she is expecting me to get VIN by 25th Oct. Note: My current EDD is 20th Oct to 30th Oct

Reactions: lulu2

vikejriw

07/16|MYLR|White/Black/Gemini|No tow
Jul 18, 2021
Redmond, WA
So weird that I would be ahead of you living in the same place with the exact same configuration. When did you complete your profile? Mine was done 2 days after order.
I completed the profile on 07/17. But then judging by everyone here, there is no real rhyme or reason for the ordering of things :). Glad that you got yours, waiting for mine.

Harryaiims

MY/White interior and exterior/No FSD/ OD 7/16/21
Sep 5, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ordered in Bay Area MY LR White Exterior, Black interior no FSD no TOW . OD = 07/13
Multiple times in delivery window . Now it is Oct 20 to Oct 30.

NO VIN yet :) Anyone else on same situation.
Ordered 7/15, white exterior and interior, Pennsylvania, Current EDD is Oct 28-Nov 20. Changed multiple times. Never within EDD window. No VIN. I am okay though. If they push out more, and send me an Austin make, I wont complain.

Update 2: My SA (who is great!) concluded with his team that the $1000 upcharge when I removed FSD was incorrect and Tesla reset my purchase price to the original purchase price I was quoted in July.

My EDD still is missing. This may also have been affected when I dropped FSD. Tesla is working to see if they can restore my place in line. I will keep posting updates here.
Update: Tesla seemed unable to restore my place in line but my Advisor was able to manually identify a car and assign a VIN. Yeah! I really appreciate the work of my Tesla Advisor!

Reactions: Driver08
My wait is over.

IMG_4309 (1).jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC