Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
72 months vs 65 months, better user interface (credit unions typically have bad UIs since they're cobbling together various off the shelf software), and in order to get the best rate with DCU you need to setup direct deposit with them (doesn't have to be for your entire paycheck). So people would tell DCU they were going to setup DD to get the low rate on paper, then go back to Tesla who would match you with a bigger bank.

Personally I setup DD with DCU a while back in preparation for our Tesla so we're just gonna go with them for our loan. Not needing a down-payment is nice too.
Bofa giving a rate of 2.15 right now (till 10/28 I think). I do have more banking with BofA due to which I got additional discount. Could not find any other cu around seattle greater area that gave lower rates.

Reactions: lulu2
72 months vs 65 months, better user interface (credit unions typically have bad UIs since they're cobbling together various off the shelf software), and in order to get the best rate with DCU you need to setup direct deposit with them (doesn't have to be for your entire paycheck). So people would tell DCU they were going to setup DD to get the low rate on paper, then go back to Tesla who would match you with a bigger bank.

Personally I setup DD with DCU a while back in preparation for our Tesla so we're just gonna go with them for our loan. Not needing a down-payment is nice too.
I set up DD a while back as well. With no down payment aren’t your payments going to be higher?

I set up DD a while back as well. With no down payment aren’t your payments going to be higher?
I found out about the no down payment after I was approved and it takes 2+ hours to speak with anyone at DCU. Was going to put $5000 in TESLA stocks instead of down payment and take it out 3-4 years later to pay part of the car. Im 100% sure TESLA will have >than a 1.24% int rate.

I ordered a LR-Grey-19-Hitch-BlackLeather on July 5th. (Toronto, Ontario - Oakville)

Tesla mentione that my Delivery wil be sometime in September, but I've also heard that they generally deliver earlier.

Q1 - Is it true that they delivery earlier in like 4 weeks or so ?
Q2 - Whats the Interest rate they are offering on loan ?
Q3 - Is there a checklist of items to see for Model Y defeciencies ?
Have you received your car? I ordered July 7th my model Y was supposed to be delivered this month October however the delivery has been pushed back twice and now it’s into Jan/Feb 2022

Have you received your car? I ordered July 7th my model Y was supposed to be delivered this month October however the delivery has been pushed back twice and now it’s into Jan/Feb 2022
Damn I ordered mine July 6th and got my VIN yesterday. And my delivery is set for Nov 6-10th and that is without giving them the okay for the financing. I am waiting on DCU. So you're saying you received your VIN and they pushed your delivery date that far back?

274E7631-B79D-4C89-BCF0-967BC2DE7B0A.jpeg
So I picked up my MY on the 19th. Had a few little projects planned and now I am just waiting on the Pilar delete package… I am posting here just because I wanted to let you know although the wait sucks, once you get the vehicle, it’s pretty damn cool!!

Attachments

• 1635123262039.gif
    1635123262039.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 53
View attachment 725276So I picked up my MY on the 19th. Had a few little projects planned and now I am just waiting on the Pilar delete package… I am posting here just because I wanted to let you know although the wait sucks, once you get the vehicle, it’s pretty damn cool!!
Very nice! Another member of the midnight silver club 😎

I’m not sure why you are bothering with a pillar delete - it is dark enough already so it shouldn’t make a huge difference - but do your thing and I’m curious to see how it looks when applied. 😊

I think good advice. Are you doing the same thing? I haven't researched too deeply yet, but I wonder how long the quotes are good for from these companies. A balancing act for sure...
Yes. Once I get the VIN, and the final EDD, then I will put the trade in on Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, and Tesla, and see what works the best. I was very confused since I wanted to delay delivery to get an Austin make, but looking at the current new orders delivery timelines, I guess I will just get this one.